GX-281 Ryzen 7 Mainboard.after a case swap nable to locate the service manual of the main board

TheBeginner
TheBeginner Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I'm trying to diagnose an issue I'm having after a case swap of my GX-281. I'm unable to locate the service manual of the main board. Does anyone have a copy of it? I'm trying to make sure the front panel cable ares connected property as they are not labeled on the board. It's labeled LEDH1.

When I power up the machine it will turn on for a second and then shut down. If I unplug the 4pin cpu power, it will power the fans but not boot. I've tried multiple PSU's

I can find many discussions online with the same problem but there is never a solution.

Does anyone have the service manual of the main board for this machine? It's the DXT board Ryzen 7 1700

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Acer service manuals aren't publicly available. I don't have a pin out for the front panel header, but there's nothing there that might be causing your symptoms. That connector has the power switch, a system power LED, potentially a HDD LED and sometimes as turbo button. I don't believe the turbo button is even populated with the GX-281. Do you get any status beeps when it's in failure mode and you try to turn it on? Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery and doing a reset?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheBeginner

I did not get any status beeps and I have not replaced the battery yet. The only thing different was the case and a new PSU.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Be sure that all screws are secure as sometimes they are ground paths. Also look for cracked boards around the screws. Good Luck.

• TheBeginner

Thank you for the ideas!! After a lot of testing, I think the power button on the case does not work. If I connect the reset switch on the case to the power switch terminals on the main board it starts us normally. Unfortunately, I don't think Thermaltake will do anything as I read, they cannot guarantee their cases will work with a prebuilt pc.

The only real downfall is I can't control rgb with the sw switch.

Thank you for your help!!

TheBeginner