Nitro 5 Missing SSD Ribbon Connector I want to add an HDD to the SSD slot.

quarantine
quarantine Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, I thought I had asked this but i was unable to locate my question. I have a Nitro 5 and i want to add an HDD to the SSD slot. I found an instructional video (link at the bottom) It has the cable connector right next to the SSD slot. On mine it is more towards the middle of the battery. At least there is an open port in that location. What it is for I am unsure of. I can not find a ribbon cable to reach. If anyone knows what ribbon cable is long enough could you please post me a link to it? Thank you for any assistance.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Hi! What is the exact model? Example: an515-55.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,621 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

We need the exact laptop model number, is it a Nitro, Predator etc etc to be able to give you a correct SATA 3 cable Acer part number, as these cables need to be for your laptop model number, as they are specifically designed for different laptops and the mainboard SATA clip plug of your laptop, which is a very fiddly and cheap plug that gets damaged easily if the cable is too thick and users force the top clip to secure the SATA cable, so be very careful as you need the correct thickness SATA cable for that SanDisk SSD 2.5" drive to connect and work 100%, if its not connected 100% your laptop will NOT boot. and if you damage that mainboard SATA plug then you will need to get it replaced by a technetium, so be aware of that also. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more, as I speak from personal experience as I've had a nightmare with my Nitro AN515-56 laptop and connecting my 2.5" SATA drive into this impossible to plug into SATA plug😁as its a very bad design that manufacturers didn't need to change from the simple old SATA plug and play design that laptops had before.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• quarantine
    quarantine Member Posts: 3 New User

The model number is N18C3