Nitro AN515-57 very low volume - cannot install dts x ultra

Andy8555
Andy8555 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi Guys,

I just bought a Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i really like it, however i am quite disappointed as the audio is very low, i always had acer machines and i have to say that this is the first time i see one with this issue, i never complained about audio with acer, this is why i am a bit surprised.

As i do not like the default build, i wiped the drive and i reinstalled windows from the scratch.

I got the drivers from here.

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/support/product-support/Nitro_AN515-57/downloads?suggest=AN515-57;1

The audio is very low even at 100 % and i cannot manage to install the dts x ultra.

I have done some research and it seems that i am not the only one having this issue, apparently the advise is always the same, DTS X ultra need to be installed.

I understand that for this model, acer is in partnership with DTS, rather than dolby, this is why ( unlike all of my prev. models ) the audio is branded DTS.

I can manage to install the dts console, and it is showing Licensed but i cannot manage to install the dts x itself.

Steps tried:

• installing dts x using the bundle downloaded from the link above. The command window says installation complete but even after a restart there is nothing showing in the start menu.
  • tried install dts x manually from realtek audio within the third party folder, and i am getting this error message, just got the picture from google, the error message is the same

I have done all of these things for both windows 10 and 11, the result won't change. There is no way i can install the DTS x ultra and with both OS the audio is quite low.

Of course, i have done all of the updates i found and the device manager is pristine !

The machine comes with a sticker printed on it and the sticker clearly says DTS X ultra, so i am assuming this can be done somehow.

So in conclusion here i am asking for help. As installing the DTS x ultra seems to be the only way to address the problem, does any of you know how to install it please ?

In case for some reason this is not possible, are you aware of any other software i can install to address the problem please ?

All acer machines i have are nice once drivers are installed, i am sure that even this one can be addressed.

Thanks in advance for your help

Answers