Predator Helios 300 Motherboard FAILED.

Options
Lofty8174
Lofty8174 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

I purchased the laptop for my 10 year old son in October 2022, he was so happy. However, 1 year later the laptop stopped working completely. I contacted Acer, they said they would inspect the laptop but for a fee of £65, upfront, because the laptop was just outside the warranty period by a few days. We paid the money and waited.

Acer told us the motherboard had failed and that it would cost £1800 to repair it plus another £65 to return the laptop back to us.

I was shocked and my son was broken hearted. We couldn’t afford this and so I appealed to Acer but they refused to help.

The cost of the repair is more than the cost to buy a new laptop with the same spec - CRAZY!

A few days ago I received an email from Acer, stating- “Your laptop is repaired and on its way back to you”, I immediately told my son, he was so happy, we couldn’t believe it. The laptop arrived a few days before Christmas, we opened it and found a letter stating, your laptop is fixed! We plugged it in and waited but it didn’t work, it was still broken. I immediately contacted Acer, they confirmed “it’s not fixed, we are just returning it to you”. How cruel and mean of Acer to do this.

I have tried and tried to appeal for help but no one at Acer is interested, I paid a lot of money for a laptop that lasted 12 months, my son is so upset, we can’t afford to repair or buy new. We feel totally let down by Acer.