USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 to HDMI 2.0 AN517-51-76CG, my acer does not recognises the port

Andre_Rodrigues
Andre_Rodrigues Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello Everyone i wanted to connect an hdmi adapter to the USB 3.1 Type C Gen1 port on my Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51-76CG but i have the issue that my acer does not recognises the port being used and it does nothing, Drivers are all updated and cabels and ports are all okay i checked and from what i read this port should be able to transmit video with max data rate of 5 gbits. Can someone help me??

Thanks Andre Rodrigues

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,585 Trailblazer

You mean the USB-C port: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps) without display out support and no Thunderbolt unless you have one of these symbols next to the USB port:

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

Your Nitro AN517-51-76CG does NOT have a USB-C Thunderbolt port for display, that is why you don't get an image out of the USB-C port and y “i have the issue that my acer does not recognizes the port being used and it does nothing”🤣.

Your laptop has a HDMI 2.0 with an 18Gbps Data Thoroughput port (see caption below at #3 port) that connects to an external monitor with a HDMI cable ONLY and not with a USB-C cable or a USB-C to HDMI adaptor from your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Nitro AN517-51

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Andre_Rodrigues
    Andre_Rodrigues Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Steven,

Yes it helps a lot i still have one question.

I understand that my USB Type C Port does not support display out but would any of the USB 3.0 Ports work with an USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter ? I did some reading about USB 3.0 Ports and i know that they only have up to 5 Gpbs but i could not find out if that is enough or not.

Because if not i am limited to only usong one extra Monitor insted of multiple.

Thank you

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,227 Pathfinder

@Andre_Rodrigues

Yes, you can use the USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter. This will require you to install the driver for the adapter to work.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!