Is there a way to fix the Predator 300 PH315-52, after upgarding to win 11 overheating problem?

Options
Veor
Veor Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

My Predator 300 (PH315-52) worked just fine when I was running it on Win 10. I could even connect it to an external display. However, after upgrading to Win 11, it's facing a serious overheating problem. The most recent Windows 11 update has made my Predator unusable for gaming. I play MMOs on low graphics settings and it reaches 80 degrees Celsius when just launching a game. The average temp when playing a game is 92 degrees. Even Hearthstone on the lowest graphics settings reaches like 80 degrees Celsius, which is laughable because that game is playable on Pentium computers. This is just for the CPU temperatures and not the GPU (which maintains around 50 degrees Celsius average temperature when gaming). Basically, I can no longer play the games I bought this laptop for. I took it for servicing and replaced the thermal paste and cleaned the fans. Now the laptop doesn't reach max temp and shut down (I even got the blue screen of death twice before servicing). But, still when the computer boots up, the CPU reaches over 80 degrees. It fixes itself within minutes, but it's concerning. The laptop repair people essentially told me that the issue is an incompatibility between the Intel 630 internal graphics driver and Windows 11. Acer hasn't issues an update for this GPU for Win 11. The repair shop told me that Predators and Acer Nitros are facing a lot of problems because of this issue. As the repair shop doesn't have a solution, has anyone figured out a way to fix this issue? Appreciate any help!!!!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers