my acer aspire 7 laptop lasts 2 hours or a little more when gaming, isnt it supposed to be longer?..

paras1te
paras1te Member Posts: 6 New User

i did a battery scan, results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.2861]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>powercfg/energy
Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...
Observing system behavior...
Analyzing trace data...
Analysis complete.

Energy efficiency problems were found.

6 Errors
8 Warnings
42 Informational

See C:\Windows\System32\energy-report.html for more details.

C:\Windows\System32>

can someone help me, it gets annoying when i am doing something important and needing to shut down my laptop to Charge my laptop is this normal or not?

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,970 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Leave your adapter plugged in 24/7 and make sure the battery is always 100% charged when playing games, don't use 80% battery charge limiters like Acer Care Center or bloatware battery "monitors".

In Windows11 run Battery Report paste this in the Command Prompt: powercfg /batteryreport and open the file saved in
    C:\Users\your name\battery-report.html (right click on the file and open in Edge browser). Right click on the report in Edge and Print to Microsoft PDF, double click on the PDF file and compare the present 100% battery capacity with the design capacity, if that is 30% or less you have a bad battery. Update your BIOS version and why are you still on W11 22H2, current version is 23H2 22631.2861 If you can't upgrade run Windows Update Troubleshooter. 2 hours on battery without the power adapter plugged in is good when playing games online, with the power adapter plugged in that indicates a bad battery (dead cells) or insufficient power from the adapter (get a 180W adapter). Also a bad power plug (loose fit or wrong size pin) can cause this.

• Puraw
    Answer ✓

Looks OK to me, every 15 minutes it goes to sleep mode if that is unintentionally you need to change your power plan advanced settings. If you never did a "Full Charge Cycle" with your new laptop do that now: First reset BIOS, boot to BIOS with F2 and press F9 (reset) then save settings on exit and reboot to Windows, uninstall these two battery drivers (see picture) and just reboot:

Next, disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and in "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and shut down the correct way with Start on the Task bar and clicking on the Power-Shutdown icon. Disconnect all peripherals, USB devices and monitors, close the lid, plug in the adapter and charge till the amber charge LED turns blue + and extra 5 minutes. Boot to Windows, verify that the battery is 100% charged and unplug the adapter. Work with the laptop till it turns of automatically (3% charge left), close the lid and plug in the adapter. Don't use the laptop and charge till the amber charge LED turns blue again + 5 minutes. That's it.

Answers

• Puraw
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Leave your adapter plugged in 24/7 and make sure the battery is always 100% charged when playing games, don't use 80% battery charge limiters like Acer Care Center or bloatware battery "monitors".

In Windows11 run Battery Report paste this in the Command Prompt: powercfg /batteryreport and open the file saved in
    C:\Users\your name\battery-report.html (right click on the file and open in Edge browser). Right click on the report in Edge and Print to Microsoft PDF, double click on the PDF file and compare the present 100% battery capacity with the design capacity, if that is 30% or less you have a bad battery. Update your BIOS version and why are you still on W11 22H2, current version is 23H2 22631.2861 If you can't upgrade run Windows Update Troubleshooter. 2 hours on battery without the power adapter plugged in is good when playing games online, with the power adapter plugged in that indicates a bad battery (dead cells) or insufficient power from the adapter (get a 180W adapter). Also a bad power plug (loose fit or wrong size pin) can cause this.

• paras1te

ill do it tommorow since i dont have time rn but ill leave another comment if it helps :D

• paras1te

btw it lasts 2 hours on battery saver and on low brightness is that normal?

• paras1te

heres two picture/pdfs?

• paras1te

btw its not kinda new i had it for like 3 weeks now but its still new?

• Puraw
    Answer ✓

Looks OK to me, every 15 minutes it goes to sleep mode if that is unintentionally you need to change your power plan advanced settings. If you never did a "Full Charge Cycle" with your new laptop do that now: First reset BIOS, boot to BIOS with F2 and press F9 (reset) then save settings on exit and reboot to Windows, uninstall these two battery drivers (see picture) and just reboot:

Next, disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and in "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and shut down the correct way with Start on the Task bar and clicking on the Power-Shutdown icon. Disconnect all peripherals, USB devices and monitors, close the lid, plug in the adapter and charge till the amber charge LED turns blue + and extra 5 minutes. Boot to Windows, verify that the battery is 100% charged and unplug the adapter. Work with the laptop till it turns of automatically (3% charge left), close the lid and plug in the adapter. Don't use the laptop and charge till the amber charge LED turns blue again + 5 minutes. That's it.