PH315-53 on my laptop hitting dangerously high temps,with 95c on dx12 games and 80c on dx11games

Options
ilay01
ilay01 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

system: PH315-53 2020

The PCH on my laptop is hitting dangerously high temps, with 95c on dx12 games and 80c on dx11 games.

After stress testing both CPU and GPU I have very obvious results, on the CPU test the PCH temp didn’t change at all and stayed cool at 45c, and in the GPU test it slowly rose to 88c after 10 minutes, so it’s very obvious the GPU load is causing it to heat up so much.

I also noticed my GPU memory clock isn’t changing at all, it’s locked specifically to 5049mhz in games, no ups no down, and it’s stuck at that clock even when the GPU is idle.

It wasn’t always like that I remember it started to spike one day 2 months ago when I heard my custom fans automatically go even faster, it used to run around maximum 65-70c on every situation this high temperature causes stutter as well as potentially will crash my laptop and shorten it’s PCH lifetime, while PCH is at these high temperatures the CPU and GPU are running quiet cool, with the CPU at 80c~ and GPU at 55-60c, also an important is that the PCH itself isn’t cooled by anything and it’s sitting half-under the main m.2 drive.

Things I’ve done to try fixing:

Clean installed windows, Repasted, Changed fan-vents bridge tapes, different kinds of undervolts, max fans…

I did disable the Ethernet adapter which indeed slowed its increase in games but it only decreased about 3C, but purchasing a laptop this expensive at the time only to not be able to use the Ethernet port?..

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]