How much battery Backup do you get in Acer Predator Laptop?i get only one hour battery

Options
PrabhuRana876603
PrabhuRana876603 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

I have been getting 1 hour battery backup only, I tried all battery savings settings but I cannot make my laptop running for more than 1 hour. When I use it for normal task like, excel, youtube, and browsing I get max 1 hour and when I am in college and use Autocad I only get 45-50 min max battery life. Is something wrong with the battery packs? I checked the battery health in Acer Care center app and it shows all good. Does any one have any fix for this yet or any one experience this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,918 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer Care Center is not working well in Windows10-11 and the battery limiter to 80% charge in ACC can cause power issues, uninstall both ACC and Quick Access and delete the services with Regedit under the following hive (left screen)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ xxxxxxxx (only delete the ACC and QA services, nothing else). Also delete the updaters in Library Task Scheduler otherwise these programs can reinstall again after you uninstalled them.
    It sounds like your battery has a dead cell, run Windows Battery report and see what the present capacity is when 100% charged if that is only 30% of the design capacity you need to replace the battery. You can also try to reset BIOS, uninstall the 2 battery drivers in device manager and reboot. Do a full charge cycle with the new battery after installing.