Predator PHN16-71 Hello i can't install windows 11in a FREE DOS Laptop

Options
MrunKun
MrunKun Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi, i recently bought the Predator PHN16-71 Acer laptop free DOS. and i am trying to installing the new windows 11. Its my first time, so i am pretty nervous, and then i reach one part that says, load the driver for instal. i checked the internet, found the drivers for my model, downloaded the IRST driver, and did everything i found, it still do not find the driver. I also found out that it must be that i need to diactivate the vmd from the BIOS. but i don't have that option for this pc. I am feeling preety stuck, can anyone help me? Thank you in advance!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry but what you are saying is impossible, as this laptop should work with a PCIe4x4 M.2 SSD boot drive and with the IRST driver above, if it doesn't then either the SSD1 M.2 laptop slot is faulty or your PCIe4x4 boot drive is faulty.

Also, there is a VMD hidden option (not vdm option) setting in > BIOS Main > VMD Controller (hidden option) > Option to set VMD controller > Option: Enabled or Disabled so Enable this option if its disabled.

Below is the Predator PHN16-71 BIOS > Main options and settings, I suggest that you go into the BIOS > Exit > Load Setup Defaults > Load factory setup default values for all setup items > and try again as this laptop is made for Windows 11 Home OS and to operate with SSD1 PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 SSD drive as its boot drive, see captions below. If your laptop does not operate with an M.2 SSD drive in slot SSD1 as its boot drive then this slot is faulty and you should take your Predator PHN16-71 laptop to Acer Tech Support so that they can fix your new laptop so that Win-11 recognizes the M.2 SSD boot drive with the IRST driver at the Win-11 installation process, do not open and/or try to physically fix anything inside this laptop yourself as it will void your Acer 12 months warranty. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited December 2023
    Options

Its not a problem to guide you, but I don't understand why you need to reinstall Win-11 in such a new model Predator PHN16-71 laptop that came oem with Win-11 preinstalled from Acer😀???

Anyway, you must have downloaded the WRONG IRST driver for your PHN16-71 laptop, as you need to go to the Acer Predator PHN16-71 Driver & Manual Page and download the correct and appropriate IRST driver which is this driver here> "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version 19.5.1.1040" < so download this driver and unzip this folder and put the unzipped IRST driver onto the Win-11 installation USB and when you come to the Win-11 installation section at > Where do you want to install Windows > Load driver > go into the Win-11 installation USB and to the unzipped IRST driver and click on the Intel RST Managed Controller 09AB driver ONLY (see caption below)

As the Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB is the appropriate Acer IRST driver for your M.2 SSD boot drive and the Win-11 installation process will install this driver and make the PHN16-71 laptops M.2 SSD boot drive be recognized and work 100% so that you can proceed with the installation onto your laptop, its a very simple process😁.

Afterwards, and after you have finished the Win-11 installation, make sure that you allow windows update to install all its updates, then install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and install all the latest Intel updates and then do the same with the NVidia Game ready drivers for your gpu and make sure that when you install the latest driver you also uninstall all the previous drivers for your gpu, as that is very important for your gpu driver to perform 100%, also install the GeForce Experience software as that is essential for your games to have the best NVidia settings especially for a new user like you., doing all the above will setup your new PHN16-71 laptop perfectly. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• MrunKun
    Options

Hello Steven, thank you for your message. Is not that i need to reinstall it.. is just because the pc has no OS when i bought it. I did download that driver, and it didn't worked. however, i did it again, and the same problem persists. During the installation, there is no compatible driver… Do you know another way around? i saw that sometimes we need to change the vdm in the bios to ASCHI or something like that… but in the bios i don't have that option…

Thank you!!!

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry but what you are saying is impossible, as this laptop should work with a PCIe4x4 M.2 SSD boot drive and with the IRST driver above, if it doesn't then either the SSD1 M.2 laptop slot is faulty or your PCIe4x4 boot drive is faulty.

Also, there is a VMD hidden option (not vdm option) setting in > BIOS Main > VMD Controller (hidden option) > Option to set VMD controller > Option: Enabled or Disabled so Enable this option if its disabled.

Below is the Predator PHN16-71 BIOS > Main options and settings, I suggest that you go into the BIOS > Exit > Load Setup Defaults > Load factory setup default values for all setup items > and try again as this laptop is made for Windows 11 Home OS and to operate with SSD1 PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 SSD drive as its boot drive, see captions below. If your laptop does not operate with an M.2 SSD drive in slot SSD1 as its boot drive then this slot is faulty and you should take your Predator PHN16-71 laptop to Acer Tech Support so that they can fix your new laptop so that Win-11 recognizes the M.2 SSD boot drive with the IRST driver at the Win-11 installation process, do not open and/or try to physically fix anything inside this laptop yourself as it will void your Acer 12 months warranty. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

• MrunKun
    Options

Hello, i tried to reset everything, and set up everything again, but this time i disabled the vmd and it worked, it recognized the driver and i am at the moment installing the drivers! Thank you for your help!

• StevenGen
    Options

That is great that I've helped you out, as your laptop is made for Win-11, enjoy👍