Could someone help me understand i got 16 gb of ram yet 7k is in use? i closed all apps before pics

Options
ELIHU
ELIHU Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

my pc used to get super hot like sun hot turn off on the heat too once, location constantly showing the arrow screen blinking, wifi drops and both(phone and pc) get put in washington DC? also after internet use my controller becomes unable to become connectable without a whole reset which those dont go through without fully holding the power button only way to reset it and connect it after like there is another mouse or controller that i cannot see utilizing my pc i did see another mouse like form accross my screen too

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Task Manager-Performance and click on the memory tab, you should have this:

What are these 4 Hotfixes for you are showing? I recommend you run Windows Storage Sense and click on the Temporary bin at the bottom left, it may find 100s GB of old Windows update flies like OldDos, then refresh your system image with this command, connect to the internet and open the Command Prompt as administrator:
    Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter, that should complete successfully, rerun till you see that. Next paste this in the same Command Prompt: SFC /scannow that must end with:" …..did not find any integrity violations" rerun till you see that. BTW, your Windows11 is not up to date, upgrade to 23H2 if you can.

This user has 9GB memory in use, like you have, so there is nothing wrong with your RAM.
    https://superuser.com/questions/1757490/available-memory-is-lower-than-installed-memory-on-windows-11-pro

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

no idea what the hotfixes are tired of getting messed with, im not seeing the windows storage sense liekwise the temporary bin jsut the settings from the memory page you mean?

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

skipped straight to this part

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

this correct? making sure the spaces r correct currently working its percent how often do u do this?

• Puraw
    Options

If you don't know what these hotfixes are you are not in control of your system, I would try to find out online and if they don't do anything get rid of them. Storage Sense is a Windows10-11 program used for disk maintenance (like the old Disk Cleaner). just type Storage Sense in the Search bar and it will show up. Did you update your Windows version yet to 22631.2861?

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

i am wondering with this is about 6gb of RAM it says i am using 11 though? how can i fix that

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

what do you mean by storage sense? what purpose to carryout? it would be in settings windows i will double check and install if so, exactly i knew i was beig [Content Removed] with on the internet how do i get rid of the hot fixes i know for sure they corrupted my norton application startup file.

[Edited the comment to hide sensitive info]

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

ok i am turing on storage sense solid program

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

how do i get rid of hotfixes? literally wont send the message oh up there but could you let me know?

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

windows has been checked as an hour ago

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

dont know if new

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

definatly looks like the hotfix numbers though….

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

my ram use does not add up, 16,000mb(16GB)??? im at 6k when using and now how 3.5-4gb true use bring my memory use to 16gb if u think it has too do with hotfixes maybe we try that?

• Puraw
    Options

If you want me to see your posts type @Puraw at the top or click on quote when you reply so I will get an e-mail alert.

Open the Command Prompt as administrator (right click on the Command Prompt and click on Open as administrator). You should run these 2 commands each time after a Windows update, or after you updated a driver/BIOS. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter as you are not up to date (23H2 is the last upgrade). Use Task Manager-Performance and Memory tab not commands to check your memory, and if you show these command results copy the whole screen to understand better what command you pasted and what version you are running, don't type in these 2 commands I sent you, just copy and paste first the DISM Online command (you have to be on the internet) and when that completed the SFC command in the Command Prompt window that you opened as Administrator.

The Hotfixes are: November 14, 2023 - KB5032007 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2, and earlier updates, don't remove these. 😉

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

@puraw i dont understand where do i update my windows i thought that screenshot was it, dont see anywhere else i can download

• ELIHU

Tinkerer

Options

i restart pc after it said update i didnt get the among the first update didnt do the check its on now and said to restart might come in the coming days? can you explain the Ram situation agaain says i got 15.8 around but closed all and still around 5.8 gb being used

• Puraw
    Options

Click on Optional updates in Advanced Options there may be more, enable Get the latest Updates when available: