Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-55-77S4 not starting up.

Options
Proxyyy
Proxyyy Member Posts: 4 New User

I took apart my laptop to clean and remove dust. Once I was done and put it back together . When I press the power button it would usually show blue light as an indicator that the computer is turned on. However the blue light would only turn on once i pressed the power button and it would not turn on again until i pressed the power button again. Eventually it stopped doing that now the blue light indicator does not turn on at all, meaning the computer is not starting whatsoever. Ive tried to flush the battery by unplugging it holding down the power button for one minute then plugging the battery back in however that has not helped the situation

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi there Proxyyy, sorry to read that you are having problems with your Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-55-77S4 not starting up. Now lets see if you havent done anything drastic that could have damaged your laptop.

What you should do now as your laptop is not starting is do the following:

1. FIRST - disconnect the DC_IN power plug and then undo all the back cover screws and take the back cover off.
    2. THEN - disconnect and take the main battery out
    3. Disconnect the RTC/BIOS Battery and shorts its +&= mainboard plug pins to reset the CMOS
    4. Take the ram modules out
    5. Leave the laptop like that for 1 hour so that its IO chipset, bios chip and chipset chip can reset, as it takes time.

After you have done the above and all these components are disconnected and the 1-hour period has expired, then reconnect everything and reboot the laptop, as your laptop should boot 100% and work perfectly.

If it doesn't and unless when you initially opened this laptop and cleaned it, and you didn't disconnect the battery and the DC_IN plug from the main battery, then you have damaged either the screen and/or at worst, the gpu or the cpu which means that you need to replace the mainboard, or if not and if you are LUCKY 👍 then your laptop could have a shorted capacitor, resistor or a mosat (that is easy to replace) in its main power rail and that is what is stopping this laptop from booting.

If all the above symptoms are present and your laptop doesn’t boot, then you should take your laptop to an experienced technician so that he can fully diagnose and pinpoint the problems that your laptop has, don't attempt to fix them yourself as you don't have the equipment. Good luck👍

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Proxyyy
    Options

I have seem I ran into another problem. I have a cmos battery that is plugged in however it is difficult to pull out. I dont want to force it too hard either, is there a button or switch I have to press in order to release it?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

It is very likely that you have caused a short. When the LEDs flash and you are going to test the 19v voltage, if the multimeter keeps varying the voltage, it may indicate a short in the 19v line. Now, it's possible that some primary voltage is missing as well.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Proxyyy
    Options

What would the best course of action be then if thats the case? Tried the other guy’s suggestions it still didn't work.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

The best solution for you is to NOT open or try to fix this laptop yourself as you don't have the tools or expertise to fix a laptop like this, these laptops are complex and need an experienced technician with proper microscopic tools to fix! Take your laptop to either Acer Tech Support or to an experienced technician in your area that can fix a laptop and NOT just swap parts and who will change circuitries to make your laptop work. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍