Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to replace disk drive in Travelmate 7750G

Options
Travelmate7750G
Travelmate7750G Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter

I need to replace the disk drive in my Travalmate7750G. I intend to do so with an SSD. Does anyone have instructions with drawings, photographs, or video, on how to open that model laptop and replace the HDD?

Best Answer

• Travelmate7750G
    Answer ✓
    Options

After "2. Using slot (B), remove door (A) from lower cover.", in the above instructions from Trailblazer billsey, insert the following sentence: "If door (A) hasn't been removed since leaving the Acer factory, starting at slot B, use a plastic pry tool at many points all around the door to pry it up." That was necessary to remove door (A) in my Travelmate 7750G.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It's fairly simple. Remove the battery pack:

Remove the base door:

Remove the HDD A or B:

If it's still the stock drive, you can use the mylar tab to pull it out:

If not the stock one, you will wiggle it loose instead. Then remove the bracket from the HDD:

Reverse the procedure to put a new drive in, HDD or SSD is the same.

Now, before you do all that, you will want to clone the old drive to the new one. My suggestion depends on whether you have a second drive already installed. If you don't, just install the new drive in that second slot, boot it up and run any cloning software (I used the free version of Macrium Reflect last time) to clone the old drive to the new one, then remove the old drive and place the new one in its place. Reassemble and you are good to go. If you have a second drive installed, remove it temporarily and follow the same procedure, but put the second one back before buttoning it all up at the end.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Travelmate7750G
    Options

I haven't been able to remove door A at slot B (Figure 3-5, above) yesterday and today. I removed the 3 screws (C), but when I lift door A at slot B, door A bends up at B, but the rest of door A feels like it's being held down, even though the 3 screws are removed. It feels like if I lift up on door A at B any more than I have, that small part of the door will break off, and the rest of the door won't come off. There should be two Figures between Figure 3-5 and Figure 3-8, but there is only one. It's not numbered, so I don't know which is missing, Figure 3-6 or Figure 3-7. It might help if I had the missing Figure and the instruction therefor. Apart from removing the battery, which I've done many times, the 3 screws I removed yesterday are the first things to be removed since the Travelmate 7750G-6494 left Acer's factory.

At 4:45 into the aforementioned YouTube video (youtube.com/watch?v=nsE43V7b6lM), titled "How to reassemble laptop Acer Aspire 7750," the video resembles the figure between Figure 3-5 and Figure 3-8, above, but the door in that Aspire differs from door A, above, in shape and in other ways, although it too has 3 screws. It doesn't show how the door was removed. youtube.com/watch?v=xKZyNuizOSc is titled "Disassembly Acer Aspire 7750 7750G 2333G50Mnkk P7YE0 LXRCZ02252" and does show how the door on the Aspire was removed. He removed 10 screws before removing the 3, in the door that the Aspire has instead of door A. (He tried to remove 11 screws but one was missing.) There was no slot, as in slot B. He removed the Aspire door by sticking a screwdriver into the left side of the door and forcing it up. The door came off without bending. I didn't find a video on disassembling a Travelmate 7750 or 7750G, which does have door A.

• Travelmate7750G
    Answer ✓
    Options

After "2. Using slot (B), remove door (A) from lower cover.", in the above instructions from Trailblazer billsey, insert the following sentence: "If door (A) hasn't been removed since leaving the Acer factory, starting at slot B, use a plastic pry tool at many points all around the door to pry it up." That was necessary to remove door (A) in my Travelmate 7750G.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)