Nitro 5 AN15-57 Not powering up.The power indicator is not on despite being plugged in.

Options
Lukasrob
Lukasrob Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I was watching youtube when the laptop suddenly turned off. The laptop will now not boot up. The power indicator is not on despite being plugged in.

I have checked that the power adapter is working and is plugged in correctly.

I have checked for damage to USB connectors.

Has anyone any idea what could be causing the issue?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is a 2020-2021 model so your warranty probably expired, and if you have no issues opening the laptop I recommend this:
    Power drain, SODIMM check + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black, top left corner under the battery) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat the 2 DDR4 modules and firmly secure again in the 2 slots (no LEDs could indicate RAM issues). Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot. If you suspect a depleted battery you can try to boot with adapter only and not connect the battery before closing the laptop back cover.