Upgrade in acer aspire 5, ssd and ram upgradeable

Options
Sanjana_rd
Sanjana_rd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hello i have a aser aspire 5 that have a SNID of xxxx. It's specs are i5-11gen processor, 8gb ram, 1TB hdd,mx350.

Now i wanted to upgrade my laptop.i need to install a 256gb ssd and a additional 8 gb ram (for total 16 gb ram). But i have a few questions in the upgrade.

1. is my laptop is ssd and ram upgradeable
  2. How many ram slots are there in my laptop
  3. How many ram slots are upgradeable
  4. Is there one 8 gb ram or two 4gb rams in my laptop.
  5. If my laptop has two 4 gb rams , are there any free ram slots.or do i have to remove one ram to replace with 8 gb

If you know the answers to those questions please kindly reply (don't mind the language bcs i am not very good at english)

[Edited the post to hide sensitive data]

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

Give us your full Aspire 5 model number like a515-54G, year (2021?) and we will advise you on the upgrade for your laptop.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like A5xxx-xxx-xxxx. You likely do have an M.2 slot for a SSD, though the slot specs will be determined by your model number. Without knowing which model you have we can't really help at all for ram and such.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.