LCD Monitor Nitro RG271 ,Black Bar apperaed on the screen and has reached almost half of the screen

quing
quing Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Monitors

After using the monitor on 165hz for a couple of weeks after purchase, a small black bar from the bottom of the screen appeared, though it flickered at first and after leaving it on for a while it disappeared. The next day the black bar grew and took longer to disappear. This kept getting worse and worse day by day as I used it. After the bar has reached almost half way through my screen, it was really hard to use as I could not see anything below or within the bar. I tried putting the refresh rate down to 144hz and it looked fine at first. But after another few weeks the black bar appeared again and so on as it grew after the next few days. the solution was then to change the refresh rate down to 120hz as I did and now the black bar has once appeared again.

I tried fixing this issue by:
- changing hdmi cables
- turning the monitor on and off
- unplugging and plugging it back
- switched outlets
- used a different display adapter
- switching gpus (from RX 7900 XT to RX 6600 Sapphire Pulse)
- testing the monitor on a different pc
- installing/updating graphics drivers
- installing/updating monitor drivers

Weird Trends:
- When I'm using an app or game that has a black background or dark background, the black

bar appears. However, when using a white background the black bar flickers and soon goes away (well used to anyways but not anymore).
- When room temperatures below 26 degrees Celsius the black bar flickers. When temperatures 28 degrees and above Celsius the black bar disappears.

I'm finding a way to fix this issue, If there's no other way than I've got to find any other repair services (recommend any or acer repairs but idk)

Pictures attached showcases the difference between 165hz (bigger bar) and 120hz (smaller bar)

How the issues started: no clue, have been using it normally but one day it just happened and no I did not damage or punch the monitor.

Question: Any possible solutions?😅

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,643 Pathfinder

Looks like a bad hardware, you may need to work towards getting a replacement.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Yes, is it's been a short enough time just swap it with your vendor. If not, contact Acer for repairs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ZazazachyP00
    ZazazachyP00 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the same problem within warranty and they wanted as much as I paid for it in shipping costs. So I bet the bullet and bought an LG instead. It's a lot heavier but it's also a lot better. My advice is to save up a little bit of money and buy a better monitor.