Graphics drivers breaking, every time i need to reinstall the GPU driver to get more FPS

Options
scraayp
scraayp Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

I have an issue where each time I need to reinstall my graphics drivers with the installer from the website. To make the GPU actually work, because without I would get aprox 15 fps. While with the gpu, 100+. Installing driver: 546.29 . Game ready driver for notebooks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,892 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Uninstall your display drivers in Safe Mode with DDU (see link) and just reboot, Windows will install the best GPU drivers. Don't use 3d-part driver installers/assistants and only download/install drivers from Acer Support for your laptop model, if you have 3rd-party drivers installed, Windows10-11 will replace those each time you boot with Acer drivers, only Windows Pro versions can stop that with a rule in Gpedit. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

• scraayp
    scraayp Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

I have uninstalled the drivers with the ddu, but now the drivers are not being downloaded back by windows like you said it would. The device status noted in device manager:
    "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

We really need to know what laptop you have in order to better help with diagnostics. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.