Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 won't move past logo screen when turning on

Options
ArcticLuxray
ArcticLuxray Member Posts: 1 New User

So I just picked up this laptop 2 days ago and it was running perfectly fine. When I got home from work yesterday, it had shut off, and every time I have tried to turn it on, it won't move past the logo screen. I have removed all peripherals, I've turned it on and let it sit, I've turned it on while holding f2 and also have tried spamming f2 right after turning on the power, but the bios won't come up. I have probably tried turning this on at least 100 times while holding different f-keys. Also, it isn't progressing to the windows startup so I can't reset it that way, unfortunately. If anyone has had a similar problem or has any ideas on what to try, I'd really appreciate it.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,916 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

The BIOS F2 issue is probably because the Fast Boot option has been enabled in BIOS. the fact Windows boot manager won't load is because of bad drivers, a rogue program or corrupted system files. After booting try to press Alt+F10 immediately when you see the Predator logo, hopefully that will get you to the WindowsRE (blue) screen with the Troubleshoot menu. If that doesn't work you need to make a Windows USB Recovery disk on another Windows (same version) PC by inserting an empty 20GB flash drive in the USB2.0 port and typing Recovery disk in Search (takes 40 minutes to create). Insert that Recovery disk in your laptop USB2.0 port and boot with F2, if again it skips BIOS, try without F2. If nothing works, I recommend bringing the laptop to the retailer and demand a new unit or to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults (free of charge).