suitable Graphics card upgrade for an Aspire XC-1760, need for doing photography editing software

Options
Neo67
Neo67 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Can anyone suggest a suitable Graphics card upgrade for an Aspire XC-1760, which would be ideal for using photography editing software please? Also how easy woud it be to change the cards? Is it just a pull out the old and replace with the new one? Many thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,781 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, though it's not inexpensive. Here are the Acer part numbers:

Looks like they purchased them from a couple of different vendors…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,705 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Acer does not list any gpu's for this desktop in the XC-1760 desktop, remember that this desktop has a has 300W Acer proprietary PSU that can't be changed with a standard ATX PSU sold today, and this PSU hasn't got any provisions for additional gpu power, so you can only fit a single power stage gpu card to this desktops PCIE16X Slot. Try these cards, as these are the two best I can think of:

1. ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1650 1
    2. EVGA GeForce GTX 980 1

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Neo67

Tinkerer

Options

Okay thanks, I'll check them out.

• Neo67

Tinkerer

Options

I have just checked and the power supply is only 180 watts. Can this be upgraded to a 300 watts power supply?

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, though it's not inexpensive. Here are the Acer part numbers:

Looks like they purchased them from a couple of different vendors…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Neo67

Tinkerer

Options

Great thanks for your help all. :-)

• Neo67

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey is it possible to add a 500w power supply to the XC1760 or higher for better graphics cards or is the machine limited to the GXT1650 &GXT980 Graphics cards? I will only be using the cards for photo editing and not gaming.

• billsey
    Options

No, I know of no 500W supplies that both fit and are 12VO designs.