Hello. I have an Aspire laptop (Aspire 1 A114-31). I used it earlier in the day, then put it on

djackson
djackson Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hello. I have an Aspire laptop (Aspire 1 A114-31). I used it earlier in the day, then put it on sleep. I cannot wake it back up again. the blue light is on the side, but absolutely nothing else is working. I have it unplugged to empty the battery. I did plug it back in for a few seconds to see if that did anything. It bleep loudly when i did (louder than usual bleep). Can you help? Thank you

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,649 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

System is on when the Power LED is solid blue. when no screen try pressing the Fn key to turn on the screen. Try an external monitor if that works. If the system has not started do this:
    Check if there is a small pinhole in the back of your laptop (with a battery sign) and stick a pin in that hole till you feel it click (micro switch), keep pressing the pin for a few seconds. This will reset the battery.

Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat and firmly reseat the DDR4 module in the slot. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,649 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

System is on when the Power LED is solid blue. when no screen try pressing the Fn key to turn on the screen. Try an external monitor if that works. If the system has not started do this:
    Check if there is a small pinhole in the back of your laptop (with a battery sign) and stick a pin in that hole till you feel it click (micro switch), keep pressing the pin for a few seconds. This will reset the battery.

Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat and firmly reseat the DDR4 module in the slot. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.

• djackson
    djackson Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Thank you very much. I also have a Toshiba laptop (the one I am typing on). This has two sliders to remove the fairly large battery. I have never seen the small pinhole on the Acer before. Doing that has got it all working again. Thank you very much again.