Predator Helios PHN16-71 External SSD drive with USb C connector, disconnects from Thunderbolt 4

Options
getafix17
getafix17 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

My New Predator Helios PHN16-71. External SSD drive with USB C connector disconnects from Thunderbolt 4 (either port). The drive connects for a brief period and then disconnects automatically. Device manager shows Thunderbolt controller 1137, which I disabled and rebooted but the problem still persists. The External SSD is new and works well when connected to USB C on another laptop.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,069 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Make sure that the external drive is fully initialised in Disk Management first, as I’m having these troubles with my external PCIe3x4 512GB M.2 SSD USB-C (with an M.2 SSD drive that I put into an external USB-C M.2 case which was my laptops oem boot drive) as when I insert this external drive into my laptops side USB-C TBT4 port, I periodically need to initialise this external M.2 SSD in Disk Management before its recognised and the data can be read in File Explorer, so try that and see if it works for you. Good luck and hope this helps you out some.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• getafix17
    getafix17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, I have a 2.5 SATA SSD in an enclosure with a USB Cconnector. I cant detect the drive in Disk Management , It works if I plug it into th other USB 3.0 ports. Acer tech support was not very helpful and asked me to reset my system. I dont see how that is going to help.