C24-963 after a power bump will not turn on

Options
AldenFuchs
AldenFuchs Member Posts: 1 New User

C24-963 will not turn on after a power bump.

Checked the external power brick with the volt meter before and after plugging into the unit; it reads 19V, as expected. I also tried another working 19V brick with no luck.

Followed instructions found on other answers, removed and reseated all the connectors. No luck. I ran out of Freez spray, so I can't try that.

PS, is there a schematic to show where the voltage test points are? Since the CPU fan does not start, there is an issue with the CPU voltages. Note the LED on the Ethernet cable port is blinking as expected with the external power brick plugged in.

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Power Supply:
      • Verify that the power supply is providing the correct voltage. You've already checked this with a voltmeter, but ensure it remains stable when the device is plugged in.
    2. Try a Different Outlet:
      • Plug the device into a different power outlet to rule out any issues with the electrical supply.
    3. Inspect for Physical Damage:
      • Examine the device for any visible signs of physical damage, such as burnt components, loose connections, or damaged cables.
    4. Reset or Power Cycle:
      • Perform a power cycle by unplugging the device, waiting for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. Additionally, check if there's a reset button and try pressing it.
    5. Check for Tripped Circuit Breaker or Fuse:
      • Ensure that no circuit breakers related to the power supply are tripped. If there's a fuse, check if it's blown and replace if necessary.
    6. Inspect Internal Components:
      • If you're comfortable doing so, open the device and visually inspect internal components. Look for any burnt or damaged components, loose connections, or signs of overheating.
    7. Schematic and Voltage Test Points:
      • Unfortunately, without specific details about the device model and manufacturer, it's challenging to provide a schematic or exact voltage test points. You may want to contact the manufacturer's support or check the product documentation for this information.
    8. Contact Manufacturer Support:
      • If the device is still under warranty, it's advisable to contact the manufacturer's support for assistance. They may provide guidance or arrange for repairs.
    9. Professional Repair Service:
      • If all else fails, consider seeking the help of a professional repair service or technician. They may have the expertise and tools necessary to diagnose and fix the issue.

Remember to exercise caution when working with electronic devices, especially when opening them up. If you're unsure or uncomfortable with the process, it's best to seek professional assistance.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,885 Trailblazer
    Options

I recommend bringing the desktop to Acer Services in your country to check the motherboard.