What is this? I find this in drive C, It is in the same location where Acer Care Center

Chan
Chan Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I find this in drive C, It is in the same location where Acer Care Center was. I have no idea what it is.

Is it useful, shall I uninstall it?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,748 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Leave that folder as it contains Acer setup data when your laptop was initialized from scratch. There may be some services in the Windows registry that still refer to files in that folder and if you have removed Amundsen you will get errors in Event viewer.
    Acer moderator posted this: "The Amundsen app assists the OOBE" (Out of Box Experience) "setup on the phone.
    It helps select and connect to approved WIFI access points. It also helps configure the applications installed at setup and placement of the applications within the OS during setup"

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,748 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Leave that folder as it contains Acer setup data when your laptop was initialized from scratch. There may be some services in the Windows registry that still refer to files in that folder and if you have removed Amundsen you will get errors in Event viewer.
    Acer moderator posted this: "The Amundsen app assists the OOBE" (Out of Box Experience) "setup on the phone.
    It helps select and connect to approved WIFI access points. It also helps configure the applications installed at setup and placement of the applications within the OS during setup"