importing photos from Samsung Ultra 21 then the message "Device is unreachable" pops up.

Options
Rahrah0526
Rahrah0526 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Android

I have been trying to import photos from my Samsung Galaxy Ultra21 for hours. I have tried different USB cords. I have checked all my settings. I have updated both devices. I can see the photos loading and then the message "Device is unreachable" pops up. Please help this old lady.

Thank you!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

What Acer product do you have? What OS is running on it? What USB types are on each end? We really need to know more info before we can hazard a guess…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Emyy
    Emyy Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

1. Restart Both Devices: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Try restarting both your Samsung Galaxy Ultra21 and the device you're trying to import the photos to (e.g., computer, laptop).
    2. Change USB Port: If you're connecting your phone to a computer via USB, try using a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, a faulty USB port can cause connection problems.
    3. Check USB Connection Mode: On your Samsung Galaxy Ultra21, go to Settings > Connections > USB Settings. Make sure it's set to "File Transfer" or "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" mode. This ensures that your computer can access the files on your phone.
    4. Update USB Drivers: If you're connecting your phone to a computer, ensure that you have the latest USB drivers installed for your Samsung Galaxy Ultra21. You can usually find these drivers on Samsung's official website or through your computer's device manager.
    5. Try a Different Computer: If possible, try connecting your phone to a different computer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with your phone or the computer you're connecting it to.
    6. Use Samsung Smart Switch: If you're still unable to import photos via USB, consider using Samsung Smart Switch. It's a free application provided by Samsung that allows you to transfer files wirelessly between your phone and computer.
    7. Check for Software Updates: Ensure that both your Samsung Galaxy Ultra21 and the device you're connecting it to have the latest software updates installed. Sometimes, software bugs can cause connectivity issues, which may be resolved with updates.

If you've tried these steps and are still experiencing issues, it might be helpful to contact Samsung's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or solutions based on your device and situation.