Please help. Ive had bad luck! How can i get my predator G9-591-72lv back to its old self?

Options
Predator2016
Predator2016 Member Posts: 1 New User

On about 20 Nov i went to my laptop to find it looked like it had done an automatic update or something as it was asking me to enter windows password. i entered it, it chuntered away for 20 seconds then rebooted. Went to a blue screen. I tried various different solutions found online but nothing worked and everytime it just got stuck in a loop of trying to restart.

One night i got frustrated by not having a computer i inadvertantly clicked the restore but lose your files button and immediately realised what i'd done. After that, it started up just like when i had originally bought it, Predator background on the desktp, PredatorSense etc. but none of my personal things like apps, files, games, pics etc - indeed exactly like id gone back in time and just bought it.

Now, not wanting to mess it up any more, i took it to a computer repair shop and explained what had happened and that i had seen 2 system restore points dated 19 and 20 Nov. please fix it.

He had it for over a week, just got it back today, he saud he reinstalled windows, did a data recovery, installed updates and drivers. I got it back home, started it up and it doesnt look like my predator at all now, looks like any standard generic windows 10 laptop. I checked the drive he said he put all the data recovery in, yeah all the file names are there but nothing is accessible. Im not sure if hes actually made it worse - while charging 70 pounds for the priviledge.

I deperately want my system the way it was before this happened! Heck, id even accept it the was it was before i took it to the shop if i could…

What can i do??? Please help

Tom

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,178 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

The Windows Reset this PC categorically asks users if they want to KEEP my files or Remove everything, and if you decide to KEEP my files option then its possible to recover files after resetting Windows 10 if you lose any files but if you chose Remove everything then there is a slight chance only of recovering your files. I don't know what files that technician recovered but you could be lucky that he recovered most of your old files.

The computer technician must have recovered the raw data and put those files in the software that he used to recover your files, and that is why you can't open them, take that drive back to the technician and ask him to convert the raw data to readable data. Good luck and hope this helps you out, btw I've had a 1TB HDD recovered and the data recovery engineer recovred 99.99% of the drive perfectly and with the exact files that I had before on this slave backup drive, so cheer up👍😀

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍