Why my camera is not working? (Acer Nitro AN515-58)

IbnuWildan
IbnuWildan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

The built-in webcam is not working. (Acer Nitro AN515-58)

Chronology:

• I made a video call using desktop whatsapp (not web)
  • about 20 minutes, videocall while playing games (the videocall screen is minimized in the corner of the screen) and this goes well with my camera.
  • after finishing playing the game, I close the game (video call using whatsapp is still ongoing)
  • after the game closed, and I returned to my video call screen (maximize window) suddenly my image did not move but the camera led was still on. about 1 minute just appeared "camera is being accessed another app"
  • have tried diagnosing from the windows troubleshooter, have uninstalled the driver, have enabled disable the driver, have tried uninstalling and then restarting the laptop, have tried shutdown, unplug the power, turn it on again.

if I try to test the camera with other apps like zoom or microsoft teams, no image appears, just a blank screen, but the camera LED lights up when used, and the camera is also detected by microsoft teams.

maybe someone has experienced it?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,772 Trailblazer

I recommend refreshing your system image and repair the system files, make sure you are on the internet and open a Command Prompt as Administrator, paste this command and press Enter: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth This should complete successfully if it hangs press the Esc key and rerun. Then run this command in the same Command prompt window:
    SFC /scannow (note the space after SFC) this should end with: "…..found no integrity violations" rerun till you see this and reboot.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,428 Trailblazer

Check if any of the laptops camera connections are not faulty, for this you need to take off the laptop bezel and inspect all the connections of the camera or even check the eDP cable that the cmera plugs into. Thi sis abig job and your Nitro AN515-58 laptop should be still under the Acer warranty, so don't open and/or change anything on your laptop, as the camera software is reliable, and you have done everything that could revive your camera, so the signs are that the camera is faulty.

These are the cameras and the eDP cable for the AN515-58 laptop:

• IbnuWildan

Tinkerer

Do I need to backup my data before running this command? I am very worried if this process causes a high risk of data loss. Previously, I would like to thank you very much for helping me by answering this post. 😁

• IbnuWildan

Tinkerer

My laptop was just bought yesterday. it hasn't been a week, until I finally experienced this incident. do I have to take it to an acer service center? because it is still under warranty.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,772 Trailblazer

These are simple routine maintenance procedures, you should run these 2 commands after each Windows update twice a month, system maintenance does not cause data loss, neglecting maintenance and not updating does. Backing up your entire boot drive every month is also recommended (but not needed before routine maintenance). 😉

• vinayakang
    vinayakang Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Guys,

Im also facing this same issue, mine also a new laptop recently brought and started facing this issue after a month. I have tried above mentioned command in cmd, but still facing the issue its not resolved yet. Planning to visit authorized acer support center, I have tried online support but they are unable to troubleshoot & fix the issue. Told to update few drivers.

Hey IbnuWildan
    You still facing this issue or got any fix ?? Please let me know how you resolved this issue

• Kugatachi
    Kugatachi Member Posts: 1 New User

https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/download_file.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fglobal-download.acer.com%2FGDFiles%2FDriver%2FCamera%2FCamera_SunplusIT_5.0.36.17_W11x64_A.zip%3Facerid%3D638367510565506194%26Step1%3D%26Step2%3D%26Step3%3DTRAVELMATE+P413-51-TCO%26OS%3DALL%26LC%3Den%26BC%3DACER%26SC%3DPA_6&hardware_id=USB%5CVID_0408%26PID_4035%26MI_00&driver_inf_file_id=5512840&scanid=F3E836F8DCB24942A6EDCDA1FE4D6496

Reinstall this driver and see the magic