Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 / 2000 rpm fan noise The fans make a very unpleasant "howling" sound

Pavvlusza
Pavvlusza Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Nitro 5 AN515-58. The fans make a very unpleasant "howling" sound around 2000rpm. I know it's a gaming laptop, and I took the volume into consideration when I bought it( I play with headphones anyway), but the problem occurs with normal use. As I'm typing now the rpm stays around 2000, and this sound makes me crazy. I also noticed that at lower as well as higher rpm this sound does not occur.

Please help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

The fan at 2000rpm should NOT be making a noise at all, my AN515-56 runs at idle at around +/- 2068rpm cpu and 2343rpm gpu and I can't hear them. Your fan must be faulty and as your laptop is under warranty, send your laptop to Acer so that they can exchange the fan.

This is what your AN515-58 laptop fan speeds and temps should be in your Nitro Sense at idle and at a room temp of 28ºC:

These are the oem CPU/GPU fans for the AN515-58 laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,825 Trailblazer

This is a recent model laptop and Acer warranty may still be valid, I suggest bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country, a fan bearing may be busted, and Acer Services will replace the fan (not expensive, if not covered under warranty).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

The fan at 2000rpm should NOT be making a noise at all, my AN515-56 runs at idle at around +/- 2068rpm cpu and 2343rpm gpu and I can't hear them. Your fan must be faulty and as your laptop is under warranty, send your laptop to Acer so that they can exchange the fan.

This is what your AN515-58 laptop fan speeds and temps should be in your Nitro Sense at idle and at a room temp of 28ºC:

These are the oem CPU/GPU fans for the AN515-58 laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Pavvlusza
    Pavvlusza Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks guys.

At the store they replaced me with another 515-58, but there is the same problem. It appears that this applies to the entire series. Below are the exact specifications:
    15.6 165hz / i9 12900H/ 1 TB/ RTX 4060 8GB/ 16 GB RAM

I'm trying to get into the advanced bios to check the fan settings options, but no command allows me to get to them. Any ideas?

Basically anything that would allow me to bypass the fan range between 1950 rpm to 2150rpm would be helpful :D