acer an515-52 and nvme m.2 drive I have updated the bios, no change.

Options
maciek32
maciek32 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, I have an acer an515-52 and I bought an integral drive INSSD500GM280NM2 and unfortunately it is not visible in the system (it is not visible in the bios either). I have updated the bios, no change. Is there any chance of this drive working in this laptop. Greetings.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please provide these information:

1. Are you replacing the old M.2 SSD or your laptop came with a 2.5" HDD?
    2. . If you are installing a ne M.2 SSD, post the picture of Disk Management like show in my picture.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,705 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

The Integral INSSD500GM280NM2 M.2 SSD is a PCIe3x4 drive that is fully compatible with your Nitro AN515-52 laptop and should connect and work 100%. Folow the brummyfan2 guide above and as he describes it above, and after you have connected the Integral INSSD500GM280NM2 M.2 SSD PCIe3x4 drive, you need to do this:

1. Press Windows Key + X and Select Disk Management.
    2. Right-click on the drive that has been labelled Not initialized and select Initialize disk.
    3. After the Integral INSSD500GM280NM2 M.2 SSD will show in Disk Management and then you have to give it a drive letter like "D" for it to appear in File Explorer in Windows.
    4. Thats all you have to do.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• maciek32
    maciek32 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, I don't have any uninitialized disk in disk managment,

The m.2 is a new drive, the computer would have shipped with a hdd that still works,