Acer aspire 5 A515-54-708W not charging, making pitched EEE noise

Jason9445
Jason9445 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited December 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Good evening,

My acer aspire 5 is not charging, and I'd like to receive guidance on how to fix this. It doesn't charge with the charging cable plugged in, but does charge when powered off. Makes a loud, high pitched noise as it charges. Battery also drops very fast.

Troubleshooting steps taken: BIOS update, windows update, removing cable from power for 30 sec and replugging, attempting removal of debris from chargeport.

I have a video of the ringing that I can share VIA Google drive. (File is too big for these forums).

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,457 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

You have a problem in the charging phase of the laptop that probably one of its chips is shorting out and making that noise, you needs a technician to pinpoint and fix this problem as you can't fix a faulty chip with a reset or do anything about this sort of a problem, you can try to do a hard reset (Note: don't do this if your laptop is under any warranty and you just bought it even second hand) this entails unscrewing the back cover, taking the main battery out, take the ram out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and shot its mainboard plug +&- pins, leave the laptop like that for 15min and then reconnect everything and plug the adaptor charger and reboot and see if that noise is still there, if its still there then its an internal chip issue that a technician only can fix. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍