Any tips? Acer ED270R I can't even access the monitor settings using the buttons, just blank screen

Brianschollaert
Brianschollaert Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Monitors

Ive had a Acer ED270R Sbiipx 27" Curved FHD (1920x1080) 165Hz Monitor, AMD FreeSync (DisplayPort & 2x HDMI) for over a year and now its just gone blank. I can't even access the monitor settings using the buttons, just a blank screen. There is power because of the Blue LED on the bottom and when i remove power it turns off, and I don't think its an HDMI problem because like i said I can't even access the monitor setting directly. Any advice?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Even if the computer isn't providing a signal or the cable is bad, you should get the splash screen when you first power up. If that doesn't appear it's something wrong internally.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,011 Trailblazer

Try to use an alternative power cable and check. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet. Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Even if the computer isn't providing a signal or the cable is bad, you should get the splash screen when you first power up. If that doesn't appear it's something wrong internally.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.