Acer Predator Helios 18 I can't find any information on how to, or even if I'm able

Options
Sojiiro109
Sojiiro109 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

Howdy fellas. I just recently opted out for the new predator helios 18 with the 13900/4080 combo over the Asus rog strix g18. I bought both, same specs and returned the asus because the predator has a miniled screen which just blows the asus out of the water in videos. However, the asus allowed me to change the picture mode (cinema, ect) with a button which while gaming, had a mode the made the reds and other colors pop extremely well. I can't find any information on how to, or even if I'm able , do so on the acer. All the colors in the games look super muted. Is there a similar option for the acer? Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 10,394 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

You should have compared with the Asus ROG Strix SCAR 18 (2023) G834 G834JY-N6044X18" ROG Nebula, that is a Mini LED. (but $1,000 more expensive), the display comparison you made is not fair (apples with oranges).

• Sojiiro109
    Sojiiro109 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I completely understand that it wasn't an apples to apples comparison. The Acer Predator Helios 18 is probably the cheapest laptop that you can buy with an i13900/4800 and a mini led. I agree with you and this is why I returned the Asus because of how much better the display was. However, despite the Acer having insanely good blacks on videos and more realistic colors, the Asus had really bright reds ect. Not in evedy mode but when I cycled through the view options via a button press, one of them was awesome for my videogame taste. My question was regarding the Acer and if it has a similar option to change viewing modes. I.E cinema/normal/game that change the color/contrast ect.