Acer Predator Helios 300 Sound issues - sound icon appear the message: No audio device is installed

Options
calintamasiloniu
calintamasiloniu Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

I lost the sound on my Acer Predator Helios 300.

On the bottom right sound icon appear the message: No audio device is installed.

I have to mention my laptop was fall down and I had to change both coolers. Maybe the technician by mistake has unplugged the soundcard from motherboard?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @calintamasiloniu first of all, go to the control panel and run the troubleshooter for the audio options to see if it gives any clues.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• calintamasiloniu

Tinkerer

Options

Hi
    Alejandro_AC

I tried that the first time, of course, and it doesn't work.

But thanks anyway.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options

@calintamasiloniu

Did you drop the laptop? Some components that relate to the Audio might be damaged leading to no audio driver.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • calintamasiloniu

Tinkerer

Options

hi @AnhEZ28

yes, I dropped the laptop by mistake

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,463 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

In that case, it is possible that the speakers themselves were damaged by the fall. I believe that the audio card is integrated and cannot be disconnected. I cannot verify this since it does not indicate the exact model.
    Have it checked by a technical service to check the extent of the damage.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• calintamasiloniu

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you, Alejandro_AC

Indeed the sound card is integrated as I know, but I was thinking is possible to be connected through some plugs. It might be the speakers were damaged by the fall and I would prefer to be that, but when I connect my wired headsets to the laptop to its soundcard, it still no sound there. Connecting the jack to the sound card is disconnecting the speakers.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options

@calintamasiloniu

The sound card is wired with the speaker and the headphone jack, so there will be no sound through either of those devices since it is damaged. You might need to bring the laptop to a shop that specializes in motherboard-level repair.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,463 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

As we have mentioned, the equipment has to be checked by a technical service, unfortunately it is not possible from the community to know what damage the fall has caused.

Does the rest of the equipment work well?

Have you checked that the audio mute button has not been left connected internally when falling to the ground?

Play sound and press the mute button repeatedly in case you notice any changes.

Greetings.

X (Twitter)

• calintamasiloniu

Tinkerer

Options

Yes Alejandro_AC, I did check and all the rest are okay. I did check even the mute combination ( I don't have a physical button). The sound still does not appear.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

I understand, I don't know where the problem could be, I'm very sorry I can't be of more help.

All the best.

X (Twitter)