Pre-sales question, want to buy laptop which has upgrade options.

Options
jcb56
jcb56 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

I'm looking at making a purchase, I'm not sure which type of laptop ether and I will be using the laptop for SolidWorks and Revit CAD work. I want which ever laptop to be able to be upgradable, hard drive size, RAM, video, the biggest screen (yes, I know that you can't upgrade the screen…). Which laptops are able to fit this bill? I'm looking at spending about $2500 +/- max, less would be great

Thank You.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Look at the Acer Nitro AN17-51 or the Predator PH18-71 models of laptops, as they would have the high specs and upgradeability of all the components that you want for the work that you require, also remember that these laptops all have the 13th Gen Intel cpu and come with the NVidia newest 40 series gpu's, so upgrading the gpu would be probably to the 50-60 series NVidia gpu's of the future.

But remember that a laptops gpu's can't be upgraded

Except if you build an external eGPU setup with buying an enclosure like an ASUS ROG, Razer, Sonnet or Akitio and add a top rated gpu inside and connect this enclose by means of these laptops Thunderbolt TBT4 port. Good luck and hope this helps you out.