Bluescreen of Death on Acer Travelmate P

Options
Jamesy80
Jamesy80 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. I've got a bluescreen of death on my laptop. It's a blurry screen and it's been on 0% for half an hour.
The power button doesn't restart it.

Closing the lid doesn't restart it.

Removing the power doesn't restart it.

Before it happened it was working fine. I got frustrated and took it out on the keyboard (not too hard but hard enough apparently._)

Please help me! I'm a teacher with my school reports saved onto the thing. aaarrrggghhh

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,886 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023
    Options

"Banging" on a keyboard is the worst thing to do, the laptop could be installing a system update that may take long, with black screen. Don't interrupt updates; don't interrupt power with the power button or unplugging the adapter and never abuse your laptop. I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country to check it. 😑

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Which exact Travelmate model laptop do you have, its written on a sticker on the back of your laptop, its very easy to find out, as just asking a question and saying like "Bluescreen of Death on Acer Travelmate P" means nothing, aslo what BSOD error description (take a caption) do you have, as every BSOD has an error description.

Also, you should be able to completely turn the laptop off by holding the keyboard power key until the power goes off (about 30sec max) if it doesn't then the keyboard power key is faulty and not working, and you won't be able to turn the laptop off unless you take the back of the laptop cover off and disconnect the main battery. So try that and get back to us with all the BSOD details and your TM model number.