How do I find a description of my PC Aspire TC-1760.does the machine have an entrance for a SANdisk

BerndPol
BerndPol Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have just acquired a new PC, the Aspire TC-1760, and have WINDOWS 11 installed. I have even managed to find the SNID and found some parameters. But when I want to get the user manual they send me in a loop … Especially the grouping of terms (example: "Drivers and manuals") seems very confusing.

My questions - so far unanswered are, eg.:

• does the machine have an entrance for a SANdisk?
  • What are the cables and some metal piece for which I got when I bought the machine?
  • Is it possible to implement a DVD/CD reader and - if yes - where/how do I open it when I want to insert the reader?

But what I really would like is to find the user manual for this machine.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer

Hi BerndPol and welcome to the Acer desktop world😁, to get the TC-1760 Users Manual you need to go to the Acer Drivers & Manuals > then at "Enter Serial # or SNID or Model Number »» enter TC-1760 and a list of Aspire TC-1760 links come up, click on any Aspire TC-1760 link as they are the same > then go to Documents > then click on this link User Manual. The Aspire TC-1760 Acer page contains all Drivers, Documents, BIOS/Firmware and Applications for your desktop.

Here are the answers to your questions: questions

• What are the cables and some metal piece for which I got when I bought the machine?

Those cables and brackets are the SATA cables for the add on HDD and its brackets for a 3.5" HDD or a 2.5" HDD or SSD.

• Is it possible to implement a DVD/CD reader and - if yes - where/how do I open it when I want to insert the reader?

The Aspire has a DVD/CC reader and recorder fitted by Acer oem, you don't need to add one.

• does the machine have an entrance for a SANdisk? > YES, look at #1 below if you mean a

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I don't see the SD port on any on the 3 models that ACER shows ?

https://www.acer.com/us-en/search/search-explore?search=tc-1760

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Some of the models don't come with an optical drive, some of the models don't come with the SD card reader. The cable and bracket that was included is likely for the optical drive, not for a HDD or SSD.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.