My fan is very loud. ACer Aspire C27-962-UA91

Options
Sande
Sande Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I have an Acer Aspire C27-962-UA91 AIO Desktop, 27" Full HD Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1, NVIDIA GeForce MX130, 12GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 802.11ac Wi-Fi. About two weeks ago my fan started getting loud. Can I do anything to correct this. I bought my desktop in 2020. Thanks for any help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

A loud fan in a desktop computer can be caused by various factors, and there are a few things you can try to address the issue. Here are some suggestions:

1. Dust buildup:
      • Over time, dust can accumulate inside your computer, including on the fan blades and heat sinks. This can cause the fan to work harder and become louder.
      • Turn off your computer and unplug it from the power source.
      • Open the case carefully and use compressed air to clean out any dust. Pay attention to the fan blades, heat sinks, and other components.
      • Ensure that the vents are clear for proper airflow.
    2. Update drivers and BIOS:
      • Ensure that your graphics card and motherboard drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause the fan to work inefficiently.
      • Check Acer's support website for your model to see if there are any BIOS updates available. Updating the BIOS can sometimes improve system stability and performance.
    3. Power settings:
      • Check your power settings to make sure your computer is not set to run in a high-performance mode all the time. Adjusting power settings can sometimes reduce the load on your system and, consequently, the fan noise.
    4. Background processes:
      • Check for any unnecessary background processes or applications that might be causing the system to work harder than necessary. You can use the Task Manager in Windows to identify and close these processes.
    5. Hardware inspection:
      • If the issue persists, there might be a problem with the fan itself. It could be a failing fan bearing or another hardware-related issue. In such cases, it's recommended to contact Acer's customer support or seek assistance from a professional technician.

Remember to handle your computer components carefully and follow proper safety procedures when opening the case. If you're uncomfortable performing these tasks, it's advisable to seek help from a qualified technician.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Get a new cpu cooling fan and replace the old one as its damaged and it can't be fixed, your AIO cpu fan needs replacing, as with these AIO PC you can't improve or upgrade the cpu cooling systems, so you are stuck with the oem cpu cooling fan, which is the one below, also and when you change this fan put new paste and change the thermal pads to a high quality paste and pads from Thermal Grizzly, thats all that you have to do. Good luck and hope this helps you out, aslo follow the above guide to keep your AIO PC clean and functioning 100% and up to date.

Aspire C27-962 OEM CPU Fan and Acer Part Number

• Djo099
    Djo099 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options

It’s just that this computer itself is noisy, I’ve already cleaned the cooling system and changed the thermal paste. Before that, I had a Lenovo AIO computer with a Ryzen processor, it didn’t even make noise in games like this one in regular Internet surfing. The worst decision is to sell my Lenovo and buy this Acer C 27 1655