cameral replacement Aspire Z5610

Options
CharlyDog23
CharlyDog23 Member Posts: 4 New User

I want to know please if anyone knows how to replace the camera in my all-in-one Acer Aspire Z5610.

thank you

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@CharlyDog23

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Pict 5

Pict 6

Pict 7

Pict 8

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you still on Window7 or 8.1? Get a new USB camera, Logitech C920, C922 and Brio USB cameras have all Windows 7/8 drivers, visit Logitech support site:https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025274133-Logitech-Webcam-Software

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@CharlyDog23

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Pict 5

Pict 6

Pict 7

Pict 8

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• CharlyDog23
    Options

Thank you William, Can you help with where i can download a suitable and consise manual, also where i can get a genuine replacement built in camera from. Your help is appreciated. My PC is running Win10.

Kind regards

• CharlyDog23
    Options

Hi Puraw, Thank you for your help. I am running W10 and looking for a replacement camera (original) and built in. Also a video,photos of how to do the actual replacement. Kind regards

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Here is the info on the stock camera module:

As suggested, an external camera will likely be a lot cheaper and easier to source, since the computer is ten years old.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CharlyDog23
    Options

Thank you, Excuse my lack of knowledge but the cameral you show above looks like an original not a USB. Appreciate your help. I have an external one fitted at the moment which is fine (microsoft 3000) but would prefere an original (if possible)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, that is the original camera module that fits inside the display. It's a real pain to install, but not too expensive to purchase. I'd continue using an external one myself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.