Buying an Acer desktop not in my country, is this a problem?

Options

I speak and read English but am in France for a few months. I speak French a little but hardly read it.

I need a new desktop now, Acer France have exactly what I need in stock. Will it be a problem to convert the desktop from French language to English?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,446 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The only hardware issue I can think off is the keyboard that may have some extra keys (caps) not available on English KBs, but the KB language can be changed to both in BIOS and Windows anytime. If your BIOS is in French, you can update BIOS Acer Support/USA for your model. No other issues, Acer's Support/warranty is worldwide, just use the Acer Support site US/World to update drivers, download manuals in English, etc. and the Acer Services in your home country for repairs etc. French terminology and units are different from English, RAM, SSDs and Network adapters GB may be labeled in Giga octet which is a bit smaller than GB.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,446 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The only hardware issue I can think off is the keyboard that may have some extra keys (caps) not available on English KBs, but the KB language can be changed to both in BIOS and Windows anytime. If your BIOS is in French, you can update BIOS Acer Support/USA for your model. No other issues, Acer's Support/warranty is worldwide, just use the Acer Support site US/World to update drivers, download manuals in English, etc. and the Acer Services in your home country for repairs etc. French terminology and units are different from English, RAM, SSDs and Network adapters GB may be labeled in Giga octet which is a bit smaller than GB.

• ollyhammers
    ollyhammers Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Thank you, that is very reassuring indeed.