I have a question about Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 CPU.

Options
DeStRoYeR_Dmax
DeStRoYeR_Dmax Member Posts: 2 New User

First of all, a couple of days ago, I bought an Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 Laptop. I set up my Windows 11 Home, went through some benchmarks, and so on. At the end of this testing period, I decided to download my old games such as Roblox, Valorant, Satisfactory, No Man's Sky, and so forth. While playing a relatively simple Roblox game named "Zach's Service Station," I opened the PredatorSense App and noticed that the CPU load was about 1-4% (10-20% with other tasks when I looked in Task Manager), but its temperature was between 75°C and 82°C in "Performance Mode," which is somewhat unexpected given the low load.

I want to mention before continuing any further that I used "Performance Mode" in PredatorSense because in "Balanced Mode," it has more heat somehow, and the fans are slower, which is obvious. Then I tried to open Satisfactory at High Video settings (not Ultra). The % load in PredatorSense was still bugged to the brim (1-2%), but in Task Manager, it ranged from 20-25% with other tasks. The temperature was between 75°C and 85°C. However, after about two minutes, it became more stable at around 75-80°C with a 20% load.

I am unsure if something is wrong with the cooling, processor, or PredatorSense, at least because I am not allowed to open the laptop itself due to the warranty conditions. Speaking of PredatorSense and the RTX 4070 inside it, everything is running smoothly. It perfectly shows if the GPU is being used, and the temperature usually never goes over 75°C.

Now, let's move to the final part. The processor's name is Intel Core i9-13900HX. Is it okay for this processor to run at such a low load and produce these temperatures? I'm asking this because I never had anything above an i5, so I'm pretty much in uncharted territory at this point. Also, is it okay if I run the processor itself, for example, at 85°C for over 6-8 hours a day?

And yeah, Thank you for reading this giant ''question''.

Best Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Before 90°C temperatures are acceptable for gaming laptops. 85°C is not bad but you can think to lower it by optimizing Windows, doing proper gaming setup for air flow, fps limit. Temperature can be high during stress test but games Doesnt use that kind of cpu power. So temperature will he lower in games compare to stress test.

Follow these steps-

1)Fps cap 
    Capping fps to lower value like 60, 100, 120, 140, etc can greatly lower cpu temperature and keep cool
    (Cap you fps through Nvidia software or use RTSS).

2)Prop the laptop up with books around the sides to reduce heat
    Grab stack of 2-4 books that are equally thick. Slide the spine of a book 2–3 inches (5.1–7.6 cm) under the right side of the laptop. Do the same on the left side of the laptop.

[You can also Buy good cooling pad in which stands are inbuilt, its better than books]

3)You can follow this below guide completely to reduce Cpu load and increase game performance-
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

Note- You can also Increase/decrease temperature by knowing this- Lower resolution/low graphics settings cause more load on Cpu and low Gpu so cpu temperature will rise Whereas High resolution/incrasing graphics settings cause more load on GPU and decrease CPU load.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Congratulations on your new Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 Laptop! It's not uncommon for users to have questions and concerns about the performance and temperatures of their new devices. Let's address your questions:

CPU Load and Temperature:

1. Low Load, High Temperature:
      • It's not unusual for a laptop to exhibit higher temperatures even with a low CPU load, especially in performance mode. This could be due to the power settings and cooling system in the laptop. Some laptops are designed to prioritize cooling performance over power efficiency in high-performance modes.
    2. PredatorSense vs. Task Manager Discrepancy:
      • The discrepancy between PredatorSense and Task Manager in terms of CPU load might be due to how each program measures and reports the CPU usage. They may use different methodologies, leading to variations in reported values.
    3. Satisfactory High Temperature at Start:
      • When you start a demanding game, it's common for the temperatures to spike initially as the CPU and GPU ramp up. The temperatures stabilizing after a couple of minutes is also normal, as the cooling system adjusts to the increased workload.

i9-13900HX Processor:

1. Operating Temperatures:
      • The Intel Core i9-13900HX is a high-performance processor, and temperatures in the 75-85°C range, especially under load, are generally acceptable. Laptops, in general, tend to run warmer than desktops due to the compact form factor.
    2. Long-Term Usage:
      • Running a CPU at 85°C for extended periods, such as 6-8 hours a day, is within the operational limits of modern processors. However, keeping the temperatures lower is always preferable for the longevity of the components.

Recommendations:

1. Performance Modes:
      • It's good that you're using PredatorSense to manage performance modes. Experimenting with different modes and observing temperature and performance differences is a reasonable approach. If the laptop has a manual fan control option, you might also try adjusting the fan speed.
    2. Contact Acer Support:
      • If you're still concerned about the temperatures or if you notice any unusual behavior, it's a good idea to reach out to Acer's customer support. They can provide specific advice based on your laptop model and might be able to address any potential issues.
    3. Warranty Consideration:
      • Be cautious about opening the laptop yourself if it voids the warranty. If you have concerns about the cooling system, it's best to involve Acer support to avoid any warranty-related issues.

In summary, while the temperatures you described are within acceptable ranges, it's always a good idea to monitor your system and seek assistance from the manufacturer if you have concerns about performance or cooling.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Before 90°C temperatures are acceptable for gaming laptops. 85°C is not bad but you can think to lower it by optimizing Windows, doing proper gaming setup for air flow, fps limit. Temperature can be high during stress test but games Doesnt use that kind of cpu power. So temperature will he lower in games compare to stress test.

Follow these steps-

1)Fps cap 
    Capping fps to lower value like 60, 100, 120, 140, etc can greatly lower cpu temperature and keep cool
    (Cap you fps through Nvidia software or use RTSS).

2)Prop the laptop up with books around the sides to reduce heat
    Grab stack of 2-4 books that are equally thick. Slide the spine of a book 2–3 inches (5.1–7.6 cm) under the right side of the laptop. Do the same on the left side of the laptop.

[You can also Buy good cooling pad in which stands are inbuilt, its better than books]

3)You can follow this below guide completely to reduce Cpu load and increase game performance-

Note- You can also Increase/decrease temperature by knowing this- Lower resolution/low graphics settings cause more load on Cpu and low Gpu so cpu temperature will rise Whereas High resolution/incrasing graphics settings cause more load on GPU and decrease CPU load.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Congratulations on your new Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 Laptop! It's not uncommon for users to have questions and concerns about the performance and temperatures of their new devices. Let's address your questions:

CPU Load and Temperature:

1. Low Load, High Temperature:
      • It's not unusual for a laptop to exhibit higher temperatures even with a low CPU load, especially in performance mode. This could be due to the power settings and cooling system in the laptop. Some laptops are designed to prioritize cooling performance over power efficiency in high-performance modes.
    2. PredatorSense vs. Task Manager Discrepancy:
      • The discrepancy between PredatorSense and Task Manager in terms of CPU load might be due to how each program measures and reports the CPU usage. They may use different methodologies, leading to variations in reported values.
    3. Satisfactory High Temperature at Start:
      • When you start a demanding game, it's common for the temperatures to spike initially as the CPU and GPU ramp up. The temperatures stabilizing after a couple of minutes is also normal, as the cooling system adjusts to the increased workload.

i9-13900HX Processor:

1. Operating Temperatures:
      • The Intel Core i9-13900HX is a high-performance processor, and temperatures in the 75-85°C range, especially under load, are generally acceptable. Laptops, in general, tend to run warmer than desktops due to the compact form factor.
    2. Long-Term Usage:
      • Running a CPU at 85°C for extended periods, such as 6-8 hours a day, is within the operational limits of modern processors. However, keeping the temperatures lower is always preferable for the longevity of the components.

Recommendations:

1. Performance Modes:
      • It's good that you're using PredatorSense to manage performance modes. Experimenting with different modes and observing temperature and performance differences is a reasonable approach. If the laptop has a manual fan control option, you might also try adjusting the fan speed.
    2. Contact Acer Support:
      • If you're still concerned about the temperatures or if you notice any unusual behavior, it's a good idea to reach out to Acer's customer support. They can provide specific advice based on your laptop model and might be able to address any potential issues.
    3. Warranty Consideration:
      • Be cautious about opening the laptop yourself if it voids the warranty. If you have concerns about the cooling system, it's best to involve Acer support to avoid any warranty-related issues.

In summary, while the temperatures you described are within acceptable ranges, it's always a good idea to monitor your system and seek assistance from the manufacturer if you have concerns about performance or cooling.

• DeStRoYeR_Dmax
    DeStRoYeR_Dmax Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you guys for helping out, I see a lot of useful information in here, more than anywhere else to be honest.