Aspire C27 i use USB-C to connect to RCA and play through my stereo but now its not working.

Options
ACGUNN
ACGUNN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I was previously able to use the USB-C lead at the back of my Aspire C27 , to connect to RCA and play through my stereo. I am unsure why, but it has now stopped doing so , and the icon/area that I used to click on the "Sound output" area (bottom Right of the screen) has now disappeared. I'm unsure what I can do here. I have a feeling that it's something to do with a recent Microsoft update, pertaining to Intel Audio. However, I have tried updating the Intel drivers and it says they are all up to date, so I'm a bit stuck as to what to do now. Any thoughts?

[Edited the thread to hide personal information and to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

If Device Manager doesn't show any red or yellow warnings, the USBC-to-RCA cable adapter probably has a loose solder connection at the RCA end.

Do you have another known-good USBC device that you can test the USBC port itself to confirm a cable problem?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

With the cable disconnected open Device Manager and expand the Audio section. It should show your microphone and speakers. Plug the cable in and there should be a different device added. If it's not added then the cable has likely gone bad. If instead an unknown device is added elsewhere then the drivers need to be reinstalled.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.