My A517-51-309Q turns off right after start acer logo shows.

Options
Halego
Halego Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire Laptops

When I start my laptop A517-51-309Q (with fn, f12 or esc because the power key doesn't work), I need to maintain the key down or the pc shuts down right after the acer logo shows. The pc is running as usual if I don't let go of the button.

I already tried to : drain power, start with or without charger, reset BIOS, reinstall Windows (10 and 11), drivers, check for swg1 but nothing, start on another drive, with an external keyboard connected.

Thanks for all the help I can get 😉.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,456 Trailblazer
    Options
  • Halego
    Options

Yes, I tried it but it simply boots the recovery windows and if I try to let off the keyboard at any point, it goes off.

I'm convinced it has nothing to do with the OS and that it's linked with a switch turned off or a cable disconnected somewhere.

Here is the inside of the laptop.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Just some additional advice, have you tried to boot the laptop without the battery plugged in, try that first and see if the laptop boots, as you could have a faulty battery or ram, so check those two components out first.

Second, try to do a Hard Reset by disconnecting the main battery and taking it out, disconnect the rtc/bios battery and then short the +&- pins of the mainboard plug to reset CMOS, then take the ram out and leave the laptop like that for 1 hour, then reconnect everything and see if the laptop boots correctly.

If that doesn't work, then it could be an internal main power rail components shortage, check if there are no burnt, damaged circuitry components like capacitors or mosats on the main power rail, you need to also check continuity with a Multimeter, so you need electronic expertise to know what you are looking for, which I presume that you don't have? So, my suggestion is for you to take your laptop to an experienced technician or Acer Tech Support if that is the case with your laptop, as you can't fix anything and all you will be doing is more damage to your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

OEM Aspire A517-51 batteries, see the part number from your old battery and match that battery spec

• Halego
    Options

Thanks for all your advices. I tried them all but nothing fixed it. I'll now see for someone who can fix an electrical problem to not damage it more as it is.