ASPIRE INSTALLATION bag containing a metal bracket

kes32
kes32 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I'm an embarrassed retiree asking but just bought and installed new acer inspire and see a bag containing a metal bracket (?) and a few wires and cable ties. What is this please. No assembly instructions not too helpful but sure someone can enlighten me.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,815 Trailblazer

No need to be embarrassed as there should have been instructions provided by the laptop vendor with that bracket. This set is used to add a 2.5" Sata-3 HDD (either a mechanical "spinner" or SSD drive) that is then connected to the Sata ribbon cable and mounted with the bracket in the large space reserved for the 2.5" HDD.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Acer even puts the bag of goodies in my TC-895 that had the DVD unit included.

No NOTE or mention anywhere.

I was able to use the SATA cable on a SSD Sata HD addition but the hardware is still in the bag,

Please ACER , include a NOTE, if you prefer to waste $$$, keep bagging duplicates.

• kes32
    kes32 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the info… I'll forget that bag of goodies😏

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Keep the cable as you can use it for an add-on Sata SSD drive,

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

There are actually two possibilities, the first for adding a hard drive or SSD, the second or adding an optical drive. Usually that set of bits is for the optical drive…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.