Aspire XC-1760 How do I see if my BIOS upgrade was succesful?

tjeef
tjeef Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

On my Aspire XC-1760 I just downloaded the latest BIOS version. R01-B1, dated 2023/04/25.

The one shown in Windows 11 system information is dated 2028/10/22.

I have a strange video problem, so I want to update to the latest BIOS as the first step.

I just installed it - while the system rebooted several times.

However, after it finished, I checked the system information and it still says 2028/10/22.

So I suspect it failed. Is there an error log or any other way I can see if the installation succeeded, or why not?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Where did you find the WIN 11 System Information ??

BUT boot using delete or F2 and look at the main page of the Bios page, it shows everything.

• tjeef
    tjeef Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks. You can type info32 in the search bar in the Start menu, and it will give the choice of System Information.

I will look in the BIOS screens and see if it also shows the old version there. If so, at least I will know that it failed. But not why :)

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

It's MSINFO on mine and the bios version info is correct on my TC-895

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Before getting deeper into the BIOS version rat hole, let's talk about your actual problem. What is your 'strange video problem'? It's very unlikely to be affected by the BIOS, since all except the most rudimentary video functions aren't loaded from the BIOS. You should never start to try to fix an issue with major changes to your system, like a BIOS update or a Windows upgrade…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.