Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-71RT won't boot up

Crzyparot73
Crzyparot73 Member Posts: 4 New User

When I push the power button, the only thing turning on is the keyboard backlighting and the led next to the charging port, nothing else. No fans, no display, no peripherals, no feelable temperature changes in the CPU/GPU when it's "turned on". Then when I hold down the power button to turn it off, the screen flashes very very briefly before then turning off. If anybody knows why this is happening, please help me.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer

The first remedy for a problem like you are having is to do a hard reset, so turn the laptop completely off, hold the power button until all lights turn off and the laptop is completely off, remove back cover screw x10, and remove the D cove and take the main battery out, then disconnect the bios battery and short its mainboard *&- pins on its plug then take the ram out, leave all components disconnected for at least 15min for the IO, Chipset and bios chips to reset, reconnect everything and reboot the laptop, as your laptop should boot and have an image and work 100%.

If the above hard reset doesn't do anything then you have other issues like a faulty eDP cable or its mainboard or screen plugs are shorted or the actual screen is faulty, so have that checked out by an experienced tech or Acer Tech Support.

• Crzyparot73

I could've sworn I've done that before, but I did it again for good measure, and IT WORKED! Thank you so much!!

• Crzyparot73

Ok, so apparently it worked up until my computer went into hibernation. Then now it won't turn on I'm assuming until I do those steps again. Anybody know of a fix for this? Or am I bound to just never letting my computer go to sleep or hibernate?

• Crzyparot73

Ok upon doing those steps again, it still won't turn on.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer

If your laptop responded after a hard reset and then doesn't turn on after being put into hibernation, first check the ram, if you have 2x ram modules then it could be that one is faulty, if that is not the case, then you have a problem within either the main power stage circuitries or your IO, Chipset or bios chips are faulty or need programing, or even the main battery is faulty and is giving you these power on failures. Best is to take your laptop to either Acer Tech Support or to an experienced technician in your area for them to diagnose your laptop and pinpoint the exact faulty and fix it. As a user like you doesn't have the proper tools to fix this problem and as it can't be fixed with a reset like you have found out. Good luck and hope this has helped you out further,