aspire XC - 340 is really slow What can I do to get faster pc ?

Options
frenchy43
frenchy43 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in Windows 10

hi ,

my pc aspire XC - 340 is really slow . What can I do to get faster pc ? thks .

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

An M.2 drive will be quite a bit faster than a 2.5" SATA SSD, even though on this low end system only x2 speeds are supported. St9ill, x2 is twice as fast as the x1 of a SATA port. So, get a 2280 form factor M.2 NVMe drive, but don't spend extra for PCIe 4.0 speeds and drop it into the system. Clone the existing HDD to the new SSD, remove the HDD and boot from the SSD. You will see a significant speed improvement. Later you can add the HDD drive back in, delete all partitions on it and repurpose it as a data drive for things that don't need to be fast, like music and videos.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

The Aspire XC-340 is a low spec Acer desktop that is not a gaming platform, so don't expect for it to be turned into one. The Acer Aspire XC-340 desktop top of the range specs are as follows and by upgrading to these components if you don't have them, this desktop will perform much better and quicker.

1. 32GB max total ram at 2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz into this desktop 2x ram slots (see highlighted ram below)
    2. Ryzen 3 3250U CPU , if you don't have this CPU then upgrade to it
    3. Upgrade to the AMD R7 430 4GB GDDR5 VGA card which is what Acer fitted to this desktop to coincide with the max 90W power adaptor that this desktop has,
    4. Fit a fast PCIe3x4 NVMe M.2 SSD drive like a 1TB WD SN570 spec M.2 SSD that has a sequential read of 3300MB/s and sequential write of 1200MB/s which will increase this desktops performance also and be allot faster than its oem M.2 SSD drive like the WD SN530 that Acer fits oem. Don't spend and/or fit a higher spec Gen 3 or Gen 4 M.2 SSD as it will make NO difference to the speed of this desktop.

All the above components are components that Acer have listed for this desktop and will make the Aspire XC-340 perform to its best specs that the mainboard was designed for by Acer. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

RAM

CPUs fitted to this desktop - top CPU is the AMD Ryzen 3 3250U, if you don't have that CPU upgrade to it.

GPU

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,553 Trailblazer
    Options

If you still have a 2.5" Sata spinning HDD you can replace that with a fast 2.5" Sata-3 Samsung 870 EVO SSD.

• frenchy43
    frenchy43 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

An M.2 drive will be quite a bit faster than a 2.5" SATA SSD, even though on this low end system only x2 speeds are supported. St9ill, x2 is twice as fast as the x1 of a SATA port. So, get a 2280 form factor M.2 NVMe drive, but don't spend extra for PCIe 4.0 speeds and drop it into the system. Clone the existing HDD to the new SSD, remove the HDD and boot from the SSD. You will see a significant speed improvement. Later you can add the HDD drive back in, delete all partitions on it and repurpose it as a data drive for things that don't need to be fast, like music and videos.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.