acer aspire xc-780 failed to install Windows 10. stuck on the Windows logo

Options
dozim
dozim Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in Windows 10
I have set the bios correctly, failed to install Windows 10. stuck on the Windows logo and then returned to the Acer menu. use a flash disk

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

What is Ventoy? That doesn't look like a normal Windows install from the typical flash drive installer… Try the install from a standard Windows install image.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,998 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Getting stuck on the “Acer Logo” and then going back to the Acer Menu means that your desktop either has a frozen or faulty IO chip problem or a bios chip problem that need either reprograming or changing. Also did you do a bad bios flash, to cause this error?

Try to clear the CMOS and also take the bios battery out and check the ram if its not faulty, as doing all these resets should unfreeze your desktop, otherwise you need to take your XC-780 to a technician so that he can diagnose the mainboard and fix the appropriate faulty chips, if they can be fixed.

Try the guide of the Acer XC-780 desktops Performing a BIOS Recovery and Clearing CMOS below. Note: I take NO responsibility if you brick your desktop following this Acer guide, Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• dozim
    Options
    What I mean is not stuck on the Acer logo but failed to install Windows. Maybe this photo can help you with my problem. I uploaded a video only 1 minute long but it doesn't work. So I just uploaded a photo

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

What is Ventoy? That doesn't look like a normal Windows install from the typical flash drive installer… Try the install from a standard Windows install image.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dozim
    Options
    Yes, it's Ventoy. I used a USB flash disk to install Windows 10. is it not supported? When I tried to install Windows, it ran normally, the Windows logo appeared spinning for a moment, then restarted itself and returned to the Windows logo spinning for a moment, then restarted continuously. doesn't want to appear in windows setup.

• StevenGen
    Options

Try rufus-4.3.exe and go to their site and follow their guide of how to construct a bootable Win-10 installation USB and forget about Ventoy😂

• dozim
    Options
    Okay. I will try using rufus. If this doesn't work is there another way?

• dozim
    Options

Thank you for suggesting using Rufus. apparently successfully installed Windows without any problems. Once again, thank you