Can't turn on my "Memory Integrity". Updated windows 11 drives on PC. Update Acer too?

LucyK
LucyK Member Posts: 11 New User

My desktop computer says my memory integrity is off due to incompatible drivers, two of those for my two Logitech mice. But those mice are updated. (There's is one other driver that conflicts with turning on my memory integrity – can’t locate that right now.) I did update drive on my desktop. So my question is: should I also update my drivers on the Acer website?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The older Logitech drivers are often the culprit for that. Just uninstall them and use the basic drivers for mouse and keyboard. Once you have MI turned on you can see if Logitech has updated drivers that will install, but you have to get the old ones off first.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LucyK

Thanks so much for your response. However, I just realized that one of my 3 Logitech drivers is for my WebCam. I also got the name of my fourth and last incompatible driver, which appears I don’t need but I haven’t found a way to locate the “sonic” thing that uses that driver, the name of the driver being PxH1pa64.sys. Honestly, do you think I’d be at all better off buying a new, very good computer? If not, please help me with this one.

• LucyK

But I’ll get started on removing the drivers for my two Logitech mice. (I can always get different and perhaps more amenable mice and perhaps a different web camera – but I’ll still have to figure out driver PxH1pa64.sys – which belongs to Corel.

• LucyK

Sorry, I have that last driver wrong: it's PxHlpa64.sys , Corel Corporation.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,815 Trailblazer

Hi,

I am on Windows11 23H2, after the last update, and I don't see a Memory Integrity "switch" anywhere. Maybe Core Isolation is not turned on in Windows Security-Device security, check and see if that has a green check mark:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/how-to-enable-core-isolations-memory-integrity-feature-on-windows-11

There is a Memory Diagnosis feature in W11:

• LucyK

thank you so much for responding. I couldn't locate the app associated with this driver and ended up removing the driver, which hopefully will work. So I now have left two Incompatible Logitech mouse drivers and one incompatible Logitech WebCam driver. Any ideas as to what I do with those? – I'm open to getting two different mice and one new WebCam.

• billsey

No need to replace the web cam, you will just end up using the generic drivers instead of Logitech's special ones. One place to look for drivers is c:\windows\system32\drivers, though you might have to enable 'show hidden files' to see it all.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LucyK

Thanks so much for responding. Can you give me the exact steps to "Look for drivers" with

"c\windows\system32\drivers"

and where I would look for "show hidden files".

(I'm obviously not very computer – savvy.)

• LucyK

should I also get generic drivers for my two Logitech mice?

• billsey

First step, see if there are Logitech specific applications installed. Go to Settings; Apps; Installed apps and look for Logitech applications. Write down a list of what is there and uninstall each of them, you can download and reinstall them from the Logitech support site if needed later, but they probably aren't needed. Reboot after the uninstallations are complete and try to enable memory integrity again. It might work if the drivers were associated with the apps. If it still complains open Device Manager and look at any Logitech devices. For each open Properties and uninstall the driver, choosing to remove the files at the same time. When those are complete, reboot again and try again…