ermiec Member Posts: 2 New User

Can I upgrade the HDD, CPU in my Acer Aspire AIO Touch Desktop

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

AZ3-715-ACKi5 also listed is (AZ3-715_W

Go to this link for more info on the CPU choices.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

The HDD or SSD can usually be upgraded. However, except in only a few cases, the CPU is soldered to the mainboard and usually cannot be upgraded without replacing the whole mainboard. What is your full AiO model number? For example, C24-1610? Or C24-865?

Jack E/NJ

• ermiec
    ermiec Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

AZ3-715-ACKi5 also listed is (AZ3-715_W)

Thanks for the help

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023
    Options

The Aspire Z3-715 models support DDR4 1.2V 2133MHz SODIMMs (4GB, 8GB or 16GB) dual
    channel up to 32GB total memory, so you can upgrade memory. They also have an M.2 slot for a SATA SSD ( not NVMe) and two SATA ports for a HDD/SSD and ODD. Your system is old enough that the CPU is socketed, so it is also replaceable. These came with either a 6th gen or 7th gen motherboard, and the CPUs that are compatible will depend on which motherboard it is. What CPU do you have now? The fastest will likely be either an i7-6700T or i7-7700T. You can also tell the motherboard type by the BIOS used. R01 versions are for the 6th gen, R02 versions are for the 7th gen.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

AZ3-715-ACKi5 also listed is (AZ3-715_W

Go to this link for more info on the CPU choices.

Jack E/NJ