Acer Aspire V5 571P 6499 power on but no display or no access to BIOS

ithe
ithe Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi,
I am using this Acer Aspire V5 571P 6499 laptop for a long time. Laptop does powers on, but no display after properly shutdown while in its last working condition.
Laptop model - Acer Aspire V5 571P 6499
MoBo - Husk MB 11309-4M 48.4TU05.04M
HW config. i5, 4 GB RAM,250GB SSD, Windows 10 OS

status when laptop turned on
no display no logo no BIOS access
status - power led on, charging led (when power adaptor connected), led on power switch glow when power is on.
fan spins and stops for a minute and again start spinning.
keyboard caps led doesn't turn on or off.
tried few things at first.
RAM - reseated. also seated on second slot.
connected to external monitor still no sign.
tried to turn on without SSD,WIFI,with only battery, withonly power adaptor, without keyboard
by observation - at one spot on laptop MoBo seems very hot only if laptop power is turned on, IC "G11333 01 YK9 also marked as SLJ8C" something is short circuited. how to proceed further to fix this ?

Thanks

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Here is a thorough guide of what you should do, I suggest that you take your laptop to an experienced technitiasn that has all the tools that can diagnose your laptops problems. The symptoms that you are experiencing are either from a BIOS chip that has a corrupted program, and you need to reprogram the BIOS chip or a burned-out Super IO chip or a burned-out Chipset chip, check all this out.

Note: to check and fix these components you need a microscope and proper microscopic soldering setup, as you can't do this job without these tools, also, the Super IO chip can be changed and is available but if the chipset chip is burned out, its very hard to get and you be better off replacing the mainboard which is NOT cheap, so be aware of all this.

1st Reprogram the BIOS chip

2nd Check Super IO chip side pins if there are no pins that are shorted or burned out.

3rd Check Chipset chip if its not burned out

Note: if the above fails and you want to spend money on this laptop? For the cost of repairing and/or replacing the mainboard of this laptop, you be MUCH BETTER OFF buying a new Win-11 Aspire laptop, that is what I suggest that you do.

But if you insist, take your laptop to a technician and fix the appropriate problems. If you want to buy a new mainboard, see below the Aspire V5 571P and V5-571PT mainboards, also see what part number is on your old mainboard and search for a mainboard on the web.

This is an Acer Aspire V5-571P Motherboard Main Board Intel Core I7-3537U NB.M4911.006 mainboard but its USD $1,206.94, so it aint cheap:

Acer Aspire V5-571P and V5-571PT listed service guide mainboards:

• ithe

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Its the faulty RAM. Installed PC3L 12800S RAM into this ACER laptop and display is ON and working perfectly.

Thaks Guys. especially @StevenGen

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Here is a thorough guide of what you should do, I suggest that you take your laptop to an experienced technitiasn that has all the tools that can diagnose your laptops problems. The symptoms that you are experiencing are either from a BIOS chip that has a corrupted program, and you need to reprogram the BIOS chip or a burned-out Super IO chip or a burned-out Chipset chip, check all this out.

Note: to check and fix these components you need a microscope and proper microscopic soldering setup, as you can't do this job without these tools, also, the Super IO chip can be changed and is available but if the chipset chip is burned out, its very hard to get and you be better off replacing the mainboard which is NOT cheap, so be aware of all this.

1st Reprogram the BIOS chip

2nd Check Super IO chip side pins if there are no pins that are shorted or burned out.

3rd Check Chipset chip if its not burned out

Note: if the above fails and you want to spend money on this laptop? For the cost of repairing and/or replacing the mainboard of this laptop, you be MUCH BETTER OFF buying a new Win-11 Aspire laptop, that is what I suggest that you do.

But if you insist, take your laptop to a technician and fix the appropriate problems. If you want to buy a new mainboard, see below the Aspire V5 571P and V5-571PT mainboards, also see what part number is on your old mainboard and search for a mainboard on the web.

This is an Acer Aspire V5-571P Motherboard Main Board Intel Core I7-3537U NB.M4911.006 mainboard but its USD $1,206.94, so it aint cheap:

Acer Aspire V5-571P and V5-571PT listed service guide mainboards:

• ithe

Tinkerer

Thanks for one stop for all answers. Its not worth to repairing this. :)

• StevenGen

Look, if you want to give this laptop a last chance, the cheapest way for you to fix and see if its the bios, is for you to buy a bios chip that has the last version 2.18 chip, they are available, and they cost about $20 on eBay or from a bios seller on the web (search for one) for your Aspire V5-571P laptop. All you need is a thin soldering iron and you can remove and resolder the old bios chip with the new one, its not that hard and changing the bios chip could fix this laptop, worth a try if you want the laptop and you want to have an electronic task to do😀

• ithe

Tinkerer

Thanks for your suggestion, I would like to do that but have no knowledge. Thanks again.

• ithe

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Its the faulty RAM. Installed PC3L 12800S RAM into this ACER laptop and display is ON and working perfectly.

Thaks Guys. especially @StevenGen

• StevenGen

Not a problem ithe, glad to help you out anyway I can and thanks for the appreciation.👍