H6530BD projector turns on and then shuts off with power LED blue and lamp LED red

Options
whbcwc
whbcwc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in Projectors

I have an H6530BD projector and it has been working great for years. Recently when I turned it on, it stayed on for about a minute and then it shuts off with the power LED solid blue and the lamp LED solid red. I figured this is a lamp issue since I have never replaced the lamp. Once I received the lamp, I installed it and then when I turned it on, to my surprise, I have the same issue. I then tried to find the lamp reset as I figured that is what the problem is, but I can't find anywhere to reset the lamp counter. Can someone help me with how to get my projector working. I really need this going by next week as we have some training to do and need to use it.

Answers

• whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

What does it take to get an answer here? I need some help with my projector. I know that I should be able to reset the lamp counter after changing the lamp, but I can't find anything in the menus. According to the manual there should be a lamp section in the menu but I can't find it. Here is what the manual says:

Lamp
    • Lamp Hour Elapse: Displays the lamp’s elapsed
    operating time (in hours).
    • Lamp Reminding: Choose this function to show or
    hide warning message when the changing lamp
    message is displayed. The message will show up 30
    hours before end of life.
    • Lamp Hour Reset: Press "ENTER" after choosing "Yes"
    to reset the lamp hour counter to 0 hours

There is nothing like this that I can find in the menu. What could I be doing wrong?

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options

@whbcwc

The lamp reset function is in the Management tab, below the gear icon.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    Options

Here is a block diagram of your projector, study it and the System Disassembling and Replacement diagrams from the manual of this projector.

• whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

I am not sure what gear icon you are talking about. I attached a file to show what I see from my menu:

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@whbcwc

You will need to connect a device that can show the input on the projector screen so that you can access further settings.

The Management tab will look like this:

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

Ok, thanks for this information. Now I can see the lamp reset menu. I reset the hours, but I still have the same issue now. What else could be the issue?

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@whbcwc

Then try going to the settings tab and choosing the Reset function. After that turn off the projector, unplug it, and wait for 1 minute.

• whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

I tried this and still have the same issue. Now when you say to do the reset function, you are talking about the projector reset and not resetting the lamp hours correct?

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@whbcwc

Yes, the projector's setting reset function.

• whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

Ok

Ok, I have tried this and still have the same issue. What else can I try? Does this mean I have a circuit board issue?

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@whbcwc

Does it still show a red led for the LAMP and shutdown after that?

• whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

Yes, the LAMP LED is still red when it shuts down.

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@whbcwc

That is weird. It should not happen like that.

Do you still have the old lamp? Does it still working? If so, you can try putting it back and reset the hour again.

• whbcwc

Tinkerer

Options

Yes, I do have the old lamp and it still turns on. I will try that as soon as I have some time.